The Student Room Group

Is it worth a remark?

Hi there guys!

So I got my A-Level results recently, achieving A*A*Ba. While I was pretty happy at the two A*s, I was gutted at the B for Biology.

Even better (sarcasm), I found out that I was 1 UMS off an A overall (79%). I was so devastated, especially in light of a B at AS (74%), I worked my butt off for A2 Biology, hoping to get an A.

I want to study Medicine, but I am fully aware that my grades aren't good enough. So what is your advice? Do you think a remark may be worth it in this situation? And does anyone know the deadline for a remark? (not a priority remark, mind you)

If it helps, my examination board is CIE.

Thanks guys!!
Reply 1
Yes get it remarked. I made the mistake of not getting my history remarked and missed out on a B. It has limited my uni choices and has gotten me rejected. If you go up a grade you get your money back as well!
Thanks!!

But is there a deadline though?
If you got your grades in the summer (13th Aug) I think the deadlines gone.
No. I got it quite recently (January). I sat for the A levels in the Winter session.
Oh by the way guys, some told me that the CIE exam board is more strictly marked and therefore unlikely to be wrong. I'm not sure whether that is true or not, so, taking that into account, do you guys think I should get a remark?

Sorry if I come off as annoying haha, and thanks!!
You're very unlikely to go down a whole grade although it is technically possible. I would go for the remark, go and see your exams officer on Monday and check you haven't missed the deadline. You'll get your money back if it goes up a grade.
Reply 7
Original post by Chlktrain135
But is there a deadline though?

The deadline for IGCSE CIE is 26 February. I expect the A level deadline is the same.

Quick Reply

Latest