Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I applied to UCAS for the universities of Edinburgh and St Andrews in late November, but I still haven't had a response. Does anyone know when they generally reply? Thanks for the help.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AntheaBurton)
    I applied to UCAS for the universities of Edinburgh and St Andrews in late November, but I still haven't had a response. Does anyone know when they generally reply? Thanks for the help.
    Edinburgh takes its time, and can leave it right up until May. My son got his offer on May 8th after applying in January. The point is that no news isn't anything but that - no news. You can't read anything into it at all. I have no personal experience of St Andrews, but the case is the same for all universities: they have until May, and you are still in the game until they tell you you are not.

ReputationRep:
    Maybe ring them up ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sunnydespair)
    Maybe ring them up ?
    By all means if you think it will make you feel any better, but it won't speed things up. Edinburgh has done things at its own pace for decades, and you aren't going to change their systems with a phone call. If they were on the point of making a decision, then they may tell you, but you won't speed them up. FWIW Edinburgh operates a gathered field policy for many/most of its courses and doesn't start looking until after all on-time applications are in on Jan 15th, so from their point of view it has been quite a lot less than a month.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.