Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Question for Contacting uni watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hello everyone!
    I think that I just done the big mistake:x
    I decided to contact the uni that I want to go(it will be my first choice)have conditional offer from them
    -have to pass IELTS with overall 7
    I have already passed the test with 6.5 and I would ask them if it's possible they to accept me with this results or if I have to re-take the exam.
    The mistake that I done was first to send them unofficial email (in non-academic style)
    It wasn't so bad,it was good but too short and not as it has to be.After an hour I sent another,better one in academic style.I know that it was really stupid but I can't take my acts back:/
    My question is is it possible they to make my offer unsuccessful because of the first email?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    (Original post by Victoria66)
    Hello everyone!
    I think that I just done the big mistake:x
    I decided to contact the uni that I want to go(it will be my first choice)have conditional offer from them
    -have to pass IELTS with overall 7
    I have already passed the test with 6.5 and I would ask them if it's possible they to accept me with this results or if I have to re-take the exam.
    The mistake that I done was first to send them unofficial email (in non-academic style)
    It wasn't so bad,it was good but too short and not as it has to be.After an hour I sent another,better one in academic style.I know that it was really stupid but I can't take my acts back:/
    My question is is it possible they to make my offer unsuccessful because of the first email?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I dont think they would do as long as the email wasn't offensive or anything like that. However, universities are likely to be strict on language requirements so I d expect to need to resit to be honest.

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.