Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Guys: Test to see if you're Alpha Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    This is hilarious.

Out the way b*tches, I've got > 300 facebook friends.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alkaline.)
    lmao this grid is so wierd
    is this how males rate themselves/ each other?
    On the internet, yes.

In the real world, no, most people couldn't care less how you score on some completely pointless grid that serves no purpose whatsoever, the definition of an alpha male is subjective anyway, if you're happy with your life and yourself, who the **** cares whether you're 'beta' or 'alpha' :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Munrot07)
    I just did this to see what i'd get as I hate this alpha/beta distinction anyway but I got 4 Couldn't care less what I am as long as I am happy I'd much rather be a beta with my current life and happy than an alpha that misses out on a lot of the things I currently enjoy I have too many things I like about myself to care if it means I'm beta or not.

Interesting that I got 4 though...I thought i'd be in the minuses from this test. Also some of the statements are very subjective...won a serious fight...like physical? Or a discussion type fight? Get complimented by a hot girl...well attractiveness is in the eye of the beholder.
    Glad to see there's at least one guy here that doesn't subscribe to this nonsense

I couldn't care less that this test defines me 'beta' or less, some of the things on the list are clearly taking the piss anyway, how does having more than 300 fb friends or not watching tv or playing video games make you alpha lol? If watching tv or playing video games is beta then surely going on internet forums and making silly grids like this is too?

ReputationRep:
    I don't what half these things are and what does straight appearance mean?

I got +3 in the end, nice

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Diabolus)
    http://i.imgur.com/7zIsl.png

Count how many of these apply to you. For every one on the beta list you deduct 1 point, and for every one on the alpha list you add a point.

Scores:

Less than -5 = Omega
    -5 to - 3 = beta as f***
    -2, - 1 = beta
    0 = average joe
    More than 4 = above average
    More than 8 = semi-alpha
    More than 16 = ALPHA MASTER RACE

Be honest and post your true score if you have the balls.

I dont know what "buildmode" or "ottermode" mean, so ignore those two squares.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Well this is ********, playing video games doesn't make you a beta. Wearing cologne makes you an alpha hahahaha.

ReputationRep:
    +25

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Munrot07)
    I just did this to see what i'd get as I hate this alpha/beta distinction anyway but I got 4 Couldn't care less what I am as long as I am happy I'd much rather be a beta with my current life and happy than an alpha that misses out on a lot of the things I currently enjoy I have too many things I like about myself to care if it means I'm beta or not.

Interesting that I got 4 though...I thought i'd be in the minuses from this test. Also some of the statements are very subjective...won a serious fight...like physical? Or a discussion type fight? Get complimented by a hot girl...well attractiveness is in the eye of the beholder.
    lol strong beta logic.

If you were an alpha your life would be better than it is now.

Also, and no, "win a serious fight" does not mean winning a tiff with your friend. It means "if they think you look bad, they should see the other guy's face" :lol:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I just did this out of boredom, tbh. I didn't really know what alpha or beta meant before this test (have heard of the term 'alpha male' though).

Interesting how I got a pretty good score: +6, an above average alpha

That's good news, I think. Lovely society we all live in, isn't it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zenarthra)
    Well this is ********, playing video games doesn't make you a beta. Wearing cologne makes you an alpha hahahaha.
    Think about it.

Wearing cologne is alpha because men typically only wear cologne so they can smell good to women. So at the very least wearing cologne regularly, implies you have a relationship with women.

also playing video games is not beta, but a guy playing them regularly is (thats what they mean), because an alpha would be using that time learning a skill/hobby or developing important relationships. The only thing the beta is developing is arthritis.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ivy.98)
    Im more alpha than you and everyone else

Say hi to the alpha master race everyone :perv:

LOL jk, this is bs.
    Lol at least I'm supposedly well likeable

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Foo.mp3)
    Silverback / 10

Attachment 501201
    Over 6 foot and weighs under 150 pounds? Bruh, how you alive

ReputationRep:
    lol strong beta logic.

If you were an alpha your life would be better than it is now.

Also, and no, "win a serious fight" does not mean winning a tiff with your friend. It means "if they think you look bad, they should see the other guy's face" :lol:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I couldn't less if I'm beta or alpha...I'm happy with my life now Nothing I would change.

Equally I didn't say winning a "tiff with my friend". I was actually referring to (as I clearly stated) whether it meant a physical fight or a debate. Personally I don't see what is good about winning a random physical fight but I do see what it is good about winning (or honestly participating in) an intellectual debate

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by XOR_)
    This is hilarious.

Out the way b*tches, I've got > 300 facebook friends.
    I went for a job and I told them I have over 300 Facebook friends
    They told me wish you're so alpha you should become the CEO
    True story brah

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kieran12321LFC)
    I wonder how much the guy he beat in a serious fight weighs.

ReputationRep:
    Think about it.

Wearing cologne is alpha because men typically only wear cologne so they can smell good to women. So at the very least wearing cologne regularly, implies you have a relationship with women.

also playing video games is not beta, but a guy playing them regularly is (thats what they mean), because an alpha would be using that time learning a skill/hobby or developing important relationships. The only thing the beta is developing is arthritis.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Most of this is bullsht, its teaching men to act a certain way to impress women.
    When you get older, alpha becomes how much power you have other others and how you can defend yourself.
    Because if it ever comes down to a fight between 2 males, the strongest, smartest male always survives. You can never be a true alpha male if you cannot fight, thats a fact.
    No matter if you're 8ft tall, with large jaw you could never be more alpha than someone like Vladamir Putin.
    I dont understand why people think this type of person, sporty, muscular, tall is seen as the alpha male. And btw, I am most of these.
    If you're well groomed, take care of yourself, assertive, have your life on track, you are already on your way to getting women.
    None of this nonsense like wearing cologne makes you alpha, i only wear cologne for special occasions, most of the time i smell like natural masculine odor.
    If you look at the media, you will see how they have defined beauty standards for women. Long thick eyebrows, small point nose, slim face. Then look on Instagram, just about every girl looks like this now. I don't want men to think this is the type of person you need to be in order to get girls because its not.

ReputationRep:
    Anyway I don't even know the answer to most of these questions. Like if I asked my friends if they wanted to travel the world they wouldn't say yes or no, they'd just be like "you can't, idiot, you have a job." Also I don't know how much most of my friends make. And I don't know what vidya means, but it sounds like video and since I rate my confidence at more than 7/10 I'm going to say my guess is right, which means I've alpha'd my way out of alpha points. Does streaming count as TV? If I could take a day off masturbating but don't really want to does that mean I'm alpha or beta? Does thinking slugs are gross and not wanting them near me count as a major phobia?

Also when you measure your penis where do you count as the start?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kieran12321LFC)
    Me gots a freaky physiquey

(Original post by SmashConcept)
    I wonder how much the guy he beat in a serious fight weighs
    Dunno, but at the time he was around 155lbs

ReputationRep:
    The whole notion is total bollox... but I did the test anyway just for a laugh, got 10 which apparently makes me "semi-alpha". Some of the options make no sense though, for example why would it be "beta" to not drink alcohol? Surely it would be "alpha" to not need to resort to drinking to have a good time and socially interact?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Foo.mp3)
    Dunno, but at the time he was around 155lbs
    Sounds dramatic.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WoodyMKC)
    The whole notion is total bollox... but I did the test anyway just for a laugh, got 10 which apparently makes me "semi-alpha". Some of the options make no sense though, for example why would it be "beta" to not drink alcohol? Surely it would be "alpha" to not need to resort to drinking to have a good time and socially interact?
    I know lol.
    I don't drink alcohol often because i need to stay in top condition for fights.
    Would go as far as to say, betas drink alcohol to loosen up themselves giving them confidence and maybe more likely to secure a drunken fling.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.