The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
probably not
Reply 2
troll/10
Reply 3
Are you self unemployed?
That is unlawful and considered as discrimination.
Unless you can't work on a Sunday or Saturday because of your beliefs maybe, I don't see why anyone should not employ you.
Reply 6
Got any proof?
Reply 7
Probably because your not fit for the job and use excuses like that to hide the fact you're ****
How do they know?
If they can tell you are a muslim (beard etc) then probably.
Reply 10
A lot of minorities can't find jobs they give them to white people mostly
Reply 11
Ask another Muslim for a job.
You should work for the BNP or UKIP; they love muslims.
Don't listen to the ridiculous comments some people are coming out with. Just keep trying. People of all races and religions struggle to find jobs in this country and I blame the government personally. If you are utterly convinced that it is because of your race then I suggest taking it to a tribunal or court because you are likely to win as employers can be found guilty of this offence very easily.
Original post by al_94
A lot of minorities can't find jobs they give them to white people mostly

^You can't be serious. I insist you once have a walk around commercial city centres such as Bishopsgate or Canary Wharf and you will probably change your view. I certainly don't see it the way you do.

From what I can see, ethnic minorities have an advantage over the native white population when it comes to jobs.
Original post by Anonymous
I'm sure people don't want to employ me because I'm Muslim

It's probably because of your education and experience, not because you're Muslim.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 16
Original post by Gnomes&Knights
^You can't be serious. I insist you once have a walk around commercial city centres such as Bishopsgate or Canary Wharf and you will probably change your view. I certainly don't see it the way you do.

From what I can see, ethnic minorities have an advantage over the native white population when it comes to jobs.

I deal with the facts not opinions. The stats show whites are more employed than minorities.
Reply 17
I can't find a job it is because I am white
Original post by al_94
I deal with the facts not opinions. The stats show whites are more employed than minorities.

Do the Statistics takes into account employment rate in relative to population size? You might find that employment figures are disproportionally in favour of ethnic minorities. It would make sense that most people employed in the UK are white since like 80% of the UK are white but that doesn't mean that whites are proportionally represented fairly if you take the overall nations employment figures into account. To add to that there are places in the UK where there are barely any ethnic minorities and finding mainly white workers there is to be expected. When there are ethnic minorities around it's a whole different story.
Reply 19
Ohhhh troll

What we going to do with you? :colonhash:

Latest

Trending

Trending