I can't find a job because I'm Muslim? Watch

Announcements

I'm sure people don't want to employ me because I'm Muslim

probably not

ReputationRep:
    troll/10

ReputationRep:
    Are you self unemployed?

That is unlawful and considered as discrimination.

Unless you can't work on a Sunday or Saturday because of your beliefs maybe, I don't see why anyone should not employ you.

ReputationRep:
    Got any proof?

ReputationRep:
    Probably because your not fit for the job and use excuses like that to hide the fact you're ****

ReputationRep:
    muh discrimination

ReputationRep:
    How do they know?

ReputationRep:
    If they can tell you are a muslim (beard etc) then probably.

ReputationRep:
    A lot of minorities can't find jobs they give them to white people mostly

ReputationRep:
    Ask another Muslim for a job.

ReputationRep:
    You should work for the BNP or UKIP; they love muslims.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Don't listen to the ridiculous comments some people are coming out with. Just keep trying. People of all races and religions struggle to find jobs in this country and I blame the government personally. If you are utterly convinced that it is because of your race then I suggest taking it to a tribunal or court because you are likely to win as employers can be found guilty of this offence very easily.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by al_94)
    A lot of minorities can't find jobs they give them to white people mostly
    ^You can't be serious. I insist you once have a walk around commercial city centres such as Bishopsgate or Canary Wharf and you will probably change your view. I certainly don't see it the way you do.

From what I can see, ethnic minorities have an advantage over the native white population when it comes to jobs.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I'm sure people don't want to employ me because I'm Muslim
    It's probably because of your education and experience, not because you're Muslim.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gnomes&Knights)
    ^You can't be serious. I insist you once have a walk around commercial city centres such as Bishopsgate or Canary Wharf and you will probably change your view. I certainly don't see it the way you do.

From what I can see, ethnic minorities have an advantage over the native white population when it comes to jobs.
    I deal with the facts not opinions. The stats show whites are more employed than minorities.

ReputationRep:
    I can't find a job it is because I am white

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by al_94)
    I deal with the facts not opinions. The stats show whites are more employed than minorities.
    Do the Statistics takes into account employment rate in relative to population size? You might find that employment figures are disproportionally in favour of ethnic minorities. It would make sense that most people employed in the UK are white since like 80% of the UK are white but that doesn't mean that whites are proportionally represented fairly if you take the overall nations employment figures into account. To add to that there are places in the UK where there are barely any ethnic minorities and finding mainly white workers there is to be expected. When there are ethnic minorities around it's a whole different story.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
    Useful resources

Articles and guides:

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A-Z of careers Advice on choosing a careerCV writing helpCovering letter helpInterview tips

Featured recruiter profiles:

CGI logo

CGI is open for applications

"Offering a range of apprentice and sponsored degree positions."

Deutsche Bank logo

Deutsche Bank is recruiting

"Thrive in an international banking environment"

ICAEW logo

Merck

"Merck is a global leader in specialized pharma & chemicals – join us!"

Army logo

The Army is recruiting now

"With hundreds of roles available, there’s more than one way to be the best."

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Quick links:

Unanswered career sector and employment threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.