Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What kind of stores offer jobs to 16 year olds? Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I want a job to make some money because i really need it '-' anyone know of any places?
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RoadtoSuccess)
    I want a job to make some money because i really need it '-' anyone know of any places?
    Try applying to all of the stores near you by going onto their websites. My friends got a job at McDonalds when they were 16, and another one got a job at B&M bargains. I got a job in a call centre, but I got that through my family.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rayquaza17)
    Try applying to all of the stores near you by going onto their websites. My friends got a job at McDonalds when they were 16, and another one got a job at B&M bargains. I got a job in a call centre, but I got that through my family.
    but like how would i go about doing that by emailing them? And talking about myself first or (sorry )

ReputationRep:
    Download 'indeed jobs' it's an app which I used before I got a job (I work in a cafe so not a retail store) to look around, most do offer to 16 year olds. I applied for Boots and Next and got to the interview stage for both so there are loads of stores that allow 16 year olds. Unfortunately, I never did get a job at either and I put that down to me being the youngest of the 50 applicants at each so they didn't choose me haha

P.S Kirito is my love
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    but like how would i go about doing that by emailing them? And talking about myself first or (sorry )
    Most places have like online application forms you fill in. So type in on google things like "mcdonalds careers" or "new look careers" (for example) and there'll be some information on there about how to apply.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by caitlinford3)
    Download 'indeed jobs' it's an app which I used before I got a job (I work in a cafe so not a retail store) to look around, most do offer to 16 year olds. I applied for Boots and Next and got to the interview stage for both so there are loads of stores that allow 16 year olds. Unfortunately, I never did get a job at either and I put that down to me being the youngest of the 50 applicants at each so they didn't choose me haha

P.S Kirito is my love
    rofl ig im your love and thanks appreciate it so much!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    Use indeed and local malls might have their own requirement website (I know bluewater has, depends where in the country you live). Also try shop websites. You've got your NI number so not many shop/cafe jobs will have a legal reason why you can't work there.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I know McDonalds take on 16 year olds. You have to apply online on the McDonalds careers website

ReputationRep:
    Fast food places are your best bet. Have a look on the careers websites of places like McDonald's and KFC to find out uf is they're hiring

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by caitlinford3)

P.S Kirito is my love
    Before you had any experience what did you write in the work experience column

ReputationRep:
    Thank you everyone i appreciate it ^-^

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jassy16)
    i would like to know this too!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jassy16)
    Babysitting and cleaning old peoples houses lmfao, I got my current job in the cafe before the interviews for Next and Boots, so when it came to the interviews I had the cafe to say too but that wasn't on my original application! They should email you an online assessment to do (they're pretty easy - it's just examples of situations and how you would deal with them and some questions about your personality, the Next one had some maths in it too but it was just simple percentages) and how you do on that determines whether you get an interview or not. I came top in the Boots assessment and in the top few for the Next one so yeah when it came to the interview I was able to talk about working with others in the cafe.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    How are your GCSEs going so far?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.