Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Cold war homework Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I have some homework:
    Complete a poster advertising the American and Russian ideology (separately): Communism and capitalism. If you don't understand the ideology, you must come and see me before next lesson so we can go through it.
    I know what ideology is but i don't know if it is in the point of a Russian or English, or anything like that. i have found some points but i don't know how to lay it out. thanks

ReputationRep:
    anyone?

ReputationRep:
    The task here is to produce posters advertising the ideologies of the USSR and USA during the Cold War which was as you said communism and capitalism respectively. What you need to do is describe the advantages of each and imagine if you were the governments what would you say to get the support of the people. For communism you could say that everyone is treated equally and for capitalism you could say that everyone has the opportunity to be wealthy. Basically you have got to sell the ideologies and present them in a positive light.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gallaher)
    The task here is to produce posters advertising the ideologies of the USSR and USA during the Cold War which was as you said communism and capitalism respectively. What you need to do is describe the advantages of each and imagine if you were the governments what would you say to get the support of the people. For communism you could say that everyone is treated equally and for capitalism you could say that everyone has the opportunity to be wealthy. Basically you have got to sell the ideologies and present them in a positive light.
    Thanks. As a mind map?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by callum_20011)
    Thanks. As a mind map?
    As a mind map? I am not quite sure about how to do this but I suppose you could have ideology at the centre and then have strands coming off briefly describing the ideologies and then their advantages coming off that.

ReputationRep:
    ill show you the russian on once im done

ReputationRep:
    here
    Attached Files
  1. File Type: docx Russian Advertisment Poster.docx (60.1 KB, 54 views)

ReputationRep:
    Very good, it shows everything it needs to.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Break up or unrequited love?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.