Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I thought the paper was alright, if a bit anal in areas.

ReputationRep:
    I thought that both exams were horrible, I bet the examiners were all cackling away when they wrote those papers!!!

As for the glycogen question though i was quite lucky. I didn't think I'd learnt about the structure of it so just randomly quessed that it's a protein and is alpha helix in its secondary structure, and to my amazement it was right!
    Apart from that though i think it went quite badly, i hope they lower the grade boundaries.

Well done to all of you lot that it went well for though x x x

ReputationRep:
    But glycogen is a branched polysaccharide.....

ReputationRep:
    Might just drop a mark for putting starch.
    oh no....for so many questions i just wrote down everything i knew...
    down's syndrome i even talked about translocated heterozygote and non disjunction because i got in a muddle and wasnt sure which was right. does that mean that even though i had non disjunction, i wont get the mark because i mentioned translocation??

oh no coz then ive lost a lot of marks

ReputationRep:
    no, i think that both of your answers are feasible, as long as you had spoken about the movemnet of chrmosomes either way you will be right i just think they will mark the firrst one not the second one!

ReputationRep:
    glycogen isn't a protein it has no function being one! its a storage compound!! you will probably get some folding because of the OH groups in glucose but that has got nothing to do with helix formation relative to protein folding :P

ReputationRep:
    lol yeh, thats very true! i mustv just been having a blonde moment...or few! [no offence to any blondes]

not luking forward to unit 6, and after unit 4 and 5 i have lost all motivation to revise. any1 else stuggling to keep goin? i need some cramming tips! x

University open days

• University of East Anglia (UEA)
    Could you inspire the next generation? Find out more about becoming a Secondary teacher with UEA… Postgraduate
    Thu, 18 Oct '18
  • University of Warwick
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 20 Oct '18
  • University of Sheffield
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 20 Oct '18
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.