The Student Room Group

Leaving a Residential College to start Full Time training for the Army

I need advice on whether i should leave college.

It's a residential college, and to be honest I really don't like it. It's about 250 miles away from where I used to live, so I don't go home on weekends or anything etc... The facilities here to build fitness are really awful, the food is awful, I can't actually make my own food so that I can have the nutrients that I actually want and need for building fitness. Im living off pizza and chips every f****** day. And I feel that I am under-fed.

Back where I used to live, the facilitates are brilliant, I can buy food that I want and need, cook food that I want and need. Theres a massive gym that I have a membership for that's about a 2 min walk away. I have permission on private fields for running/tabbing. I can go swimming which will massively improve my run time. I have my own power bag, jerrycans and bergen.

I think it's a waste of time too, because I don't need any grades to get into the army, and I've already passed the academic side of the application.

To be honest I am missing my dog and puppy. We are also paying ALOT of money for my accommodation.
Reply 1
From what I've heard, you don't need to achieve any specific grades from college to join army. Just basic English skills, and of course, your overall condition will also be taken into account. When you apply you should be provided with a training so there is no need to worry.

I can't decide for you but if you aren't planning on going to university or workplace in near future. It might be a good idea to drop out, but only if you feel that's necessary.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Yeah cheers for that, I think that's just given me the final push to leave college. Ill call my parents later tonight and discuss it with them, they've know that I've wanted to be in the army since I was really young, its not a new thing.
Reply 3
Original post by toponelads
I need advice on whether i should leave college.

It's a residential college, and to be honest I really don't like it. It's about 250 miles away from where I used to live, so I don't go home on weekends or anything etc... The facilities here to build fitness are really awful, the food is awful, I can't actually make my own food so that I can have the nutrients that I actually want and need for building fitness. Im living off pizza and chips every f****** day. And I feel that I am under-fed.

Back where I used to live, the facilitates are brilliant, I can buy food that I want and need, cook food that I want and need. Theres a massive gym that I have a membership for that's about a 2 min walk away. I have permission on private fields for running/tabbing. I can go swimming which will massively improve my run time. I have my own power bag, jerrycans and bergen.

I think it's a waste of time too, because I don't need any grades to get into the army, and I've already passed the academic side of the application.

To be honest I am missing my dog and puppy. We are also paying ALOT of money for my accommodation.

you cant take ur dog with u to the army though and the first phase of training is 3 months and second is 3-5months

Quick Reply

Latest