Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What kind of business to start? Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I'm thinking about starting a business but I don't know what kind to start. I can't seem to come up with a good idea for a business, I feel like most things have been done.

Does anyone have any ideas?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bad Faith)
    I'm thinking about starting a business but I don't know what kind to start. I can't seem to come up with a good idea for a business, I feel like most things have been done.

Does anyone have any ideas?
    Don't want to put you down, but the chances of a new business becoming successful decrease by year/decade, and what you've said is the reason why .

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mayhem™)
    Don't want to put you down, but the chances of a new business becoming successful decrease by year/decade, and what you've said is the reason why .
    I knew that would be the case, but somehow some new businesses do well because it's useful like the uber app. Getting a good idea is hard though. D:

ReputationRep:
    Hey! What do you subject do/did you enjoy the most? What do you want to offer your future customers? Maybe ask help from family and friends since they know you and could help you more!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Taefella)
    Hey! What do you subject do/did you enjoy the most? What do you want to offer your future customers? Maybe ask help from family and friends since they know you and could help you more!
    Hello! I enjoy sciences in general but also artsy stuff. I guess I want to offer them some sort of experience, I want to leave them satisfied. My family are just as clueless as me.

I'm trying to think of stuff that people will always want/need.

ReputationRep:
    Hmm interesting well doing tons of research help aswell! You could also think of how you could maybe combine art with science and do some research on that? Also how you could maybe apply your interests to what you want to offer your future customers, it's very important to also decide who's going to be your target market ( e.g youngsters between 13-21, women 18+,etc..)
    You want to start a business where you can offer people some sort of experience - something that people will always want/need and you like science and artsy stuff, i must admit that's a hard one! http://www.branchingpoints.com/one-b...ience-and-art/ this may help or http://www.theartcareerproject.com/5...business/3043/, http://work.chron.com/careers-combin...art-14260.html, there's probs many more I just googled how to start a business involving science and art, but you could ask proffesionals who have their own business, for some advice!
    Maybe you could start like a worshop ish business where people come to relax, just talk about their love for art,science or even reading. They can have a coffee aswell. Like a cafe but it has a art section, an science lab section and library section and also a creative section where customers can be as creative as they want and learn more about everyday science at the same time. ( Am I making some sense ). I'm sorry if I'm not helping one bit but if I am then I'm happy I said something on your thread!!

(Original post by Bad Faith)
    Hello! I enjoy sciences in general but also artsy stuff. I guess I want to offer them some sort of experience, I want to leave them satisfied. My family are just as clueless as me.

I'm trying to think of stuff that people will always want/need.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Break up or unrequited love?
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.