The Student Room Group

Crush on TSR boy

Scroll to see replies

Original post by enaayrah
:teehee:

Tell me you're disgusted at this? :colonhash:

I know indeterminate is a fine soul himself but like its a HUGE compliment that a girl like me who is so against men admires his personality. Just saying..:colonhash:

Sorry @Indeterminate no offence but really I do have a great choice in men.:h: Generally:colonhash: haha :tongue:

OMG nooooo I just realised what you meant about 'disgusting'. Now this is embarrassing. I'm too innocent for this all.:frown:
(edited 8 years ago)
:teehee:

Tell me you're disgusted at this? :colonhash:

I most definitely am! :redface:

At the same time I'm not surprised because @Josb is a bit of a loose cannon tbh :lol:

Yeah..my father. Oh my father. It ruins you inside but life never stops. My relationship with him is so bad. And tbh the woman inside me doesn't want to fix it anyway. Respect means the world to me.
Original post by Indeterminate
Death threats?! Like seriously? :shock:

It certainly looks like these problems are at the heart of Asian culture (especially the South Asian side). I wonder if lack of education the problem (probably is tbh :redface:). This kind of thing is just completely unacceptable, especially now that we're in the 21st century :angry:

"One child, one teacher, one book and one pen can change the world" - Malala Yousafzai

It is definitely the lack of education and the general backwardness and narrow mindedness tbh
Reply 164
Original post by BrokenLife
Yeah..my father. Oh my father. It ruins you inside but life never stops. My relationship with him is so bad. And tbh the woman inside me doesn't want to fix it anyway. Respect means the world to me.

Can't you report him?
Original post by Student403
That's really sad. I had no idea. Sorry to hear :frown:

Don't worry. I think they're all coming to realise that I'm a free spirit that can't be contained in any way aha. I'm practically 'ruined' before I've even left the house
I know indeterminate is a fine soul himself but like its a HUGE compliment that a girl like me who is so against men admires his personality. Just saying..:colonhash:

Sorry @Indeterminate no offence but really I do have a great choice in men.:h: Generally:colonhash: haha :tongue:

OMG nooooo I just realised what you meant about 'disgusting'. Now this is embarrassing. I'm too innocent for this all.:frown:

I was just about to say :rofl:

I can't say I'm as innocent though :redface:

I most definitely am! :redface:

At the same time I'm not surprised because @Josb is a bit of a loose cannon tbh :lol:

:rofl:
Don't worry. I think they're all coming to realise that I'm a free spirit that can't be contained in any way aha. I'm practically 'ruined' before I've even left the house

I was just about to say :rofl:

I can't say I'm as innocent though :redface:

:rofl:

,_,
Original post by Josb
Can't you report him?

I can but that would cause more trouble for me. I'm just waiting to finish off my studies and get independent. And kind of cut him off later.
Reply 168
I've gotten the death threats from my mother :redface:

And definitely, I like to think I'm in the process of proving them all wrong

I hope you get through this. I think what we have to go through is honestly so hushed up

are you ok?? do u need to talk to someone or something?
Original post by Imperion
If you don't watch out I'll grab nandos before you do. I'm already ahead with banter :wink:

Sets you on fire.
Reply 170
Ahh man that's so bad. I know what you mean. Trust me I understand it completely. It ridiculous. But the key is to just prove them wrong. Be strong and work hard. get where they think a woman can't go. Don't ever lose strength. Its hard but we can do it! I do it all the time! My father has also threatened to kill me but here I stand still..stronger.

Eurghh same. My dad sometimes goes 'it's better you weren't born.' :colonhash: Basically wishing I'm dead. This seems to be a common thing in Asian families.
It is definitely the lack of education and the general backwardness and narrow mindedness tbh

Hmm. But I'm sure (or at least hopeful) that the current and future generations will do something about it :redface:

All these horror stories are quite disheartening, though. But you guys have my sympathy :console:

Good on ya! :biggrin:
,_,

Yes Spidey, I'm as ruined as Tess from Tess of the d'Urbervilles.
Original post by Azula
are you ok?? do u need to talk to someone or something?

Nah, this all happens occasionally, not all the time don't worry. Thanks for offering though :hugs:
Original post by arfah
Eurghh same. My dad sometimes goes 'it's better you weren't born.' :colonhash: Basically wishing I'm dead. This seems to be a common thing in Asian families.

Absolutely! Its such a disgrace tbh.
My father said 'seems like I'd have to kill you' while referencing to an honour killing although all I talked to him about was equality in terms of gender.
Original post by arfah

Asian girls unite

:grouphugs:

Nah, this all happens occasionally, not all the time don't worry. Thanks for offering though :hugs:

I'm shocked :redface:
I'm shocked :redface:

Join the club! Like what on earth is happening out there?! :frown:
Reply 177
X

X

Why do your parents want to kill you exactly?
Join the club! Like what on earth is happening out there?! :frown:

Shame this seems to be so common, too! I had heard of it happening but had no idea many people on this site had experienced it!
Reply 179

Ah kk,
you're smart you'll know if something needs intervention :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending