Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Do you need to press the accelerator if you are reversing around the corner on a hill Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I am using a diesel car

ReputationRep:
    That's a bit like asking how long is a piece of string. Would depend on the car and the hill.

ReputationRep:
    Probably. I know you said it's a diesel car and you can mostly get away with not pressing accelerator and moving off, but you should be pressing the accelerator. Otherwise there's not enough power and the engine will struggle.

ReputationRep:
    Yes as you will be in reverse gear you will need to have your foot on the accelerator while your other foot should be on the clutch.

ReputationRep:
    Up or down the hill?

You always need power to control the vehicle

ReputationRep:
    Depends if you are reversing up or down the hill and how steep the hill is.

For example, if it was me, I wouldn't accelerate reversing down a steep hill. Why would you want to add extra speed? I mean you may need a bit of a push at first but only a little.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by domonict)
    Up or down the hill?

You always need power to control the vehicle
    Up the hill

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Break up or unrequited love?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.