The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Coincidences! It's all coincidences! The chances are that in 20 years of life that you're going to coincidentally predict a few things.
Reply 21
Mr White
Coincidences! It's all coincidences! The chances are that in 20 years of life that you're going to coincidentally predict a few things.

Indeed. People forget the times when they DONT work!
byb3
My weird psychic thing, is everytime I have a vision I don't actually realise it till it happens. Hence I never tell anybody about it, so nobody ever believes me. It doesn't happen very often, but when it does its pretty spooky.

I used to have this. Basically I would have a vision within a day or so of it actually happened - usually just 5 or 6 seconds of something, not usually anything special, just routine.

Hasn't happened for nearly a year now.
Im sorry. I dont trust the people here enough to reveal my story...
i have to belive every1 who has such feelings bcoz it happens to me ALOT

e.g i sometimes wake up in the middle of the night and kinda think what time is it? id pick any random time lie 3:21 and on more than once occasion i have been spot on! honestly. !!!

and tuesday i was thinkin "wow, we haven't had a routine fire drill this yr yet"

i was off y/day and today i found out that y/day they had their routing fire drill! wtf
Reply 25
byb3
does anybody else get weird psychic feelings, or any stories to tell?

My weird psychic thing, is everytime I have a vision I don't actually realise it till it happens. Hence I never tell anybody about it, so nobody ever believes me. It doesn't happen very often, but when it does its pretty spooky.

Like on tuesday, I was just walking down to the pub for the quiz night, and I started thinking about Cyndi Lauper and girls wanna have fun, for no reason at all! And to my disbelief it was a song in the music round.

Another pretty weird 'vision'. I woke up late one day, like 4pm and went downstairs. For some reason the dominant thought in my dream was the number 27. I was watching my dads horse racing from America on the racing channel because I couldn't be bothered to find the control. Anyway, I was looking for a number 27, but couldn't find one, so I said to myself lets add them up, and pick number 9. A crappy horse called Ali D. It was 20-1. To my surprise it won.

There are many times this happens, its kinda freaky really.

Ad

I believe they're called Extra Sensory Perceptions. :smile:
Petrozzi
I believe they're called Extra Sensory Perceptions. :smile:

No, what most of the people are describing is luck. It happens with chance, and they are recalling what fits their theory.
I have actually done research into it, and understand ESP, and found that if you believe it will happen, it is more likely to.
Not through want, through proper tests, scientifically conducted.

But true ESP, the ability to go significantly beyond chance, is not one that many people have, most definately not all the people so far who have claimed to have it.

But it is possible that one or two people do. And i would be interested in finding out how genuine their abilities are.
Reply 27
Iluvatar
No, what most of the people are describing is luck. It happens with chance, and they are recalling what fits their theory.
I have actually done research into it, and understand ESP, and found that if you believe it will happen, it is more likely to.
Not through want, through proper tests, scientifically conducted.

But true ESP, the ability to go significantly beyond chance, is not one that many people have, most definately not all the people so far who have claimed to have it.

But it is possible that one or two people do. And i would be interested in finding out how genuine their abilities are.

What are the boundaries though. so lets say I am in my living room watching TV, and I think to myself, "I haven't seen (film title here) for a while", and it comes on. Does that mean I am psychic?
Bhaal85
What are the boundaries though. so lets say I am in my living room watching TV, and I think to myself, "I haven't seen (film title here) for a while", and it comes on. Does that mean I am psychic?

No it means you scanned the tv mag earlier, forgot all about it, but subconsciously know that film will be on.
Bhaal85

Not just by that.
Unregistered's point is valid, but it may just be coincidence.
Because the amount of time before you noticing not seeing a film is probably similar to the time before the TV company shows it.
Reply 30
Iluvatar

Cheers for elaborating on my thoughts. :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending