Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Height Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheUniLad)
    What's the big issue with guys under the average height?
    my boyf is 5'6 and its cute af

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PalindromeGirl)
    My boyfriend is only 5'6, but he's lovely and perfect for me, I'm only 5'3 so it isn't an issue...even if I was taller, I wouldn't give a ****, people need to stop being so damn superficial
    im 5'3 and my boyf is 5'6 too yay!

Tall guys tend to look better Imo. Nothing wrong with short guys though.

ReputationRep:
    How tall are goblins?

ReputationRep:
    Tall guys are easy to find in crowded places... the only genuine modern day reason.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    im 5"5 im 15 but im not growing and im a boy so what do i do >_<
    Chill, mate, you're 15. I was about the same height at your age, I hit a growth spurt when I was about 17 or 18 and I was 6'2'' by the time I was 19

ReputationRep:
    I don't care I need a man of 6ft-6'2. Ohmy!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BrokenLife)
    Would u date a goblin?

ReputationRep:
    Very restrictive, how about 5'11 or 6'3? :beard:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WoodyMKC)
    Granted, but a big guy is a lot less likely to have anyone try and mess with his girl in the first place
    Most probably but if you can tell he doesn't lift than his height doesn't really do sh1t besides give him a longer reach. :sigh:

Some smaller height guys are > taller guys they have smaller framers easier to fill up physique wise if that makes sense. #rip :rofl:

(Original post by WoodyMKC)
    Indeed, the tall guy doesn't automatically possess the skills or inclination to fight.People have no idea if I can or can't fight, they just assume I'd probably knock them out in one punch due to my size/power advantage :lol:
    Exactly, being tall doesn't mean your strong af or know how to fight.
    Here is a scenario. Person A 6'1 205lb(93kg) goes gym vs Person B 5'9 165lb(75kg) that also goes to the gym but also does Martial arts e.g Muay Thai.

Person B imo would be more dangerous than Person A.
    The perception of being tall and built doesn't mean automatically he "possess the skills" to "fight". Fighting is a art not something which you are not genetically gifted or learn through the gym i.e weight training.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by carlos10000)
    Would u date a goblin?
    lol why would I
    (Original post by 13 1 20 8 42)
    Very restrictive, how about 5'11 or 6'3? :beard:
    Perfection:love::love:

ReputationRep:
    I don't want a dwarf as a girlfriend.
    I'd want to be able to take her on theme park rides me with aswell. :lol:

Requirements:
    5'7+ or :hand:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by XxKingSniprxX)
    I don't want a dwarf as a girlfriend.
    I'd want to be able to take her on theme park rides me with aswell. :lol:

Requirements:
    5'7+ or :hand:
    Haha cool!

Hope you find a girl of your preference

ReputationRep:
    Most probably but if you can tell he doesn't lift than his height doesn't really do sh1t besides give him a longer reach. :sigh:

Some smaller height guys are > taller guys they have smaller framers easier to fill up physique wise if that makes sense. #rip :rofl:
    Even so, a short and skinny guy just isn't intimidating, a guy that squares up to you and is towering over you is always going to be a bit scary :lol:

Exactly, being tall doesn't mean your strong af or know how to fight.
    Here is a scenario. Person A 6'1 205lb(93kg) goes gym vs Person B 5'9 165lb(75kg) that also goes to the gym but also does Martial arts e.g Muay Thai.

Person B imo would be more dangerous than Person A.
    The perception of being tall and built doesn't mean automatically he "possess the skills" to "fight". Fighting is a art not something which you are not genetically gifted or learn through the gym i.e weight training.
    Exactly, it's just people look at a tall and built guy people just assume "Whether he knows how to fight or not, he probably hits ****ing hard" :lol: Height and weight advantage is definitely a thing between two people of equal fighting skill, hence different weight divisions in combat sports and constant referral to any height advantage by the commentators.

ReputationRep:
    Feels like it's mainly an online obsession and a lot of girls are awful at judging height, anyway, especially the shorter ones. I've had two girls and one grown woman call me 'like 6 foot' and '6 foot+' (without me even bringing up height myself) even though I'm 5'10" or so.

Sure, a stacked 6'2" guy is going to look more impressive than a stacked 5'6" guy but that's rarely ever relevant in real life. The average guy is about my height and I don't even notice another guy's height unless they're about 5'5" or 6'2". I don't feel intimidated by a 6'2" guy and I don't feel that a 5'5" guy should be intimidated by me.

ReputationRep:
    i was with a guy once who was 6'4

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shawtyb)
    i was with a guy once who was 6'4
    Aww

Tbh for me 6'4 is way too much.
    6'2 is still very tall for me but idec..I love it.

ReputationRep:
    Too many delusional, chinless beanpoles on this site. Height can certainly be a big factor in intimidation, but if you're build like a toothpick or have weak as **** facial structure... sorry, but you're not going to be intimidating anyone anytime soon.

ReputationRep:
    Aww

Tbh for me 6'4 is way too much.
    6'2 is still very tall for me but idec..I love it.
    6'4 was nice to be honest

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shawtyb)
    6'4 was nice to be honest
    Aww

How tall are you?
    Personally speaking I wouldn't mind as long as the guy doesn't mind me being too short.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 20, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Break up or unrequited love?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.