Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Height Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Size differences in relationships come about because the girls want to feel small and dainty and feminine and the men big and strong and masculine. The metric isn't 'tall' per se, as much as it is 'taller than me'.

There are also 'protector' connotations but these seem less widely applicable, else we'd see girls wanting gross height.

ReputationRep:
    Women won't admit it publicly, but height is probably the #1 trait they look for, along with confidence.

ReputationRep:
    I am 6'0. Height certainly plays a big role when it comes to attractiveness. I find it quite hard to feel femenine just because I am taller than most people. I love taller and bigger guys as I am not the skinny type either, my hips are very wide. However, I've only dated men that were shorter than me. They did not have the height, but they had the confidence and a great personality. As long as you have those two things, height is not that important, although it is a very common preference.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Ngl some guys who are tall, only feel awesome next to short guys because they lack confidence and that's their only way of showing it
    well yeah, in all kinds of situations, we have to find someone who makes us stand out in a positive way - smart people feel more self confident in their intelligence when around less intelligent people.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shawtyb)
    im 5'3 haha
    I dated a 6'4'' dude aswell, I'm 5'7'' and I found him far too tall, how did you manage that?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AngryRedhead)
    I dated a 6'4'' dude aswell, I'm 5'7'' and I found him far too tall, how did you manage that?
    i thought it was cute haha

ReputationRep:
    i thought it was cute haha
    Giant beanpole of a man haha

ReputationRep:
    Giant beanpole of a man haha
    haha very bean poley. had a really deep voice too

ReputationRep:
    haha very bean poley. had a really deep voice too
    Deep voices are sexy.... :drool:

His height didn't stop him from getting beaten up though, he had to take self defence classes

ReputationRep:
    Deep voices are sexy.... :drool:

His height didn't stop him from getting beaten up though, he had to take self defence classes
    they are incredibly sexy
    and lol!!! mine slept with an 8inch knife under his pillow :/ only found out because i put my arm under the pillow when i was sleeping :/

ReputationRep:
    they are incredibly sexy
    and lol!!! mine slept with an 8inch knife under his pillow :/ only found out because i put my arm under the pillow when i was sleeping :/
    :eek: :eek: :creep:

Worst time to find a knife, ever

ReputationRep:
    :eek: :eek: :creep:

Worst time to find a knife, ever
    i know right!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Danq)
    Women won't admit it publicly, but height is probably the #1 trait they look for, along with confidence.
    It always used to be for me before I actually started going out with guys but I much prefer them to be the same height as me, now number one is nice smile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BrokenLife)
    I don't care I need a man of 6ft-6'2. Ohmy!
    How tall are you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by donutellme)
    How tall are you?
    Tall? What tall?

I'm short. I'm 5'2. But I still LOVE tall men. Okay bye.

(Original post by WoodyMKC)
    Chill, mate, you're 15. I was about the same height at your age, I hit a growth spurt when I was about 17 or 18 and I was 6'2'' by the time I was 19
    Did you start lifting at the age you were going through a growth spurt? I wanna know so I don't decrease my chances of growing.

ReputationRep:
    Tbh if we made a thread about men not dating women because of their ass sizes or breast sizes people would go bezerk, but somehow height is fine? Double standards

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BrokenLife)
    Tall? What tall?

I'm short. I'm 5'2. But I still LOVE tall men. Okay bye.
    What do you like about them? Can you even tell the difference between their heights?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by donutellme)
    What do you like about them? Can you even tell the difference between their heights?
    They look more manly to me. I like the height difference between a tall man and a short woman. I think its sexy. Haha trust me I can tell the difference!

ReputationRep:
    I swear guys only obsess over height online, I'm not tall but it's never bothered me :dontknow:

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 20, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Break up or unrequited love?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.