SteamboatMickey
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
I'm interested in doing an EPQ next year, and I'd like to do a History EPQ. I don't know much about it yet, seen as I'm only in year 12, but I'm curious about what questions I could do so I can start thinking about it (at least).

I'm interested in intellectual History, especially, and my favourite periods include the Medieval period, Ancient history, Renaissance etc etc. Although I love all kinds of history, and would be happy with anything or even something that covered a few periods.

I love examining deep questions, and am hoping to achieve an A* in my EPQ.

So if anyone can help me come up with a few ideas or tell me about their EPQs that'd be pretty great :P
bulgylau
Badges: 21
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by SteamboatMickey)
I'm interested in doing an EPQ next year, and I'd like to do a History EPQ. I don't know much about it yet, seen as I'm only in year 12, but I'm curious about what questions I could do so I can start thinking about it (at least).I'm interested in intellectual History, especially, and my favourite periods include the Medieval period, Ancient history, Renaissance etc etc. Although I love all kinds of history, and would be happy with anything or even something that covered a few periods.I love examining deep questions, and am hoping to achieve an A* in my EPQ.So if anyone can help me come up with a few ideas or tell me about their EPQs that'd be pretty great :P

Well I'm no expert BUT my advice would be doing something in history that you are really interested in as you would probably enjoy researching it and writing about it or whatever...
Honestly I want to do an EPQ on genetic diseases such as dwarfism...

What happened during the Renaissance period,
Maybe do the history of medicine through time, or the downfall of ancient empires
Hmb28
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
My advice would be to look at exam boards past paper questions for AS/A level from OCR which covers a range of different topics. These questions could help give you an idea of what sort of thing you want to look into. I studied the history of Medicine and it was surprisingly interesting. Alternatively you could do crime and punishment through the ages or the French Revolution has endless routes you could take to look into different themes. For example you could examine to what extent the inequality between the 3 estates in the ancien regime caused the beginning of the revolution. Hope this helps you in some way
Olivia---
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
The title for my EPQ 'is Eleanor of Aquitaine representative of proto-feminism in the 12th century'
I completed the EPQ this year, pick a question you will enjoy researching for but don't over complicate things either as it can make organising research very difficult
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What factors affect your mental health the most right now?

Anxiousness about lockdown easing (67)
4.66%
Uncertainty around my education (222)
15.45%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (155)
10.79%
Lack of purpose or motivation (205)
14.27%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (63)
4.38%
Impact of lockdown on physical health (83)
5.78%
Loneliness (129)
8.98%
Financial worries (49)
3.41%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (65)
4.52%
Exposure to negative news/social media (68)
4.73%
Lack of real life entertainment (74)
5.15%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (124)
8.63%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (133)
9.26%

Watched Threads