Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Biosciences offer holder here

I've applied to Castle so I'm trying not to get my hopes up, but in all honesty I'm just glad to actually have an offer!! That being said it would be amazing to actually get into Castle, it's such a beautiful building, and I really loved the bar there.

But if not Castle, then fingers crossed I'll be on the hill - which by the look of last years thread seems pretty likely yay 👍

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amybonnie98)
    Applied to St Mary's for Education Studies (with English) - got the offer 3rd of Feburary so hoping I get in to Mary's! Don't know of many people who have Education or English offers yet so here's hoping!
    oooh, I applied to Mary's too and I'm doing English and Classics under the Liberal Arts programme... competition! ;D

ReputationRep:
    Last year we found out from 16th February! I remember the emails took a long time to arrive so most people ended up logging in to book a post offer day just to find out their college! Some emails didn't arrive until the next day! (I applied last year, just missed my grades and applied again this year )

ReputationRep:
    Do you have to firm your offer to be allocated a college or can you decide after seeing what college you were allocated?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Applescruff)
    Biosciences offer holder here

I've applied to Castle so I'm trying not to get my hopes up, but in all honesty I'm just glad to actually have an offer!! That being said it would be amazing to actually get into Castle, it's such a beautiful building, and I really loved the bar there.

But if not Castle, then fingers crossed I'll be on the hill - which by the look of last years thread seems pretty likely yay 👍
    I have an offer for Biosciences as well! But I applied to Collingwood, so fingers crossed I get allocated there! Is Durham your firm? Good luck with getting into Castle🍀☺️

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bigdog7)
    Do you have to firm your offer to be allocated a college or can you decide after seeing what college you were allocated?
    No you do not have to. Everyone who has been made an offer will be allocated a college whether or not they firm it ☺

ReputationRep:
    I have an offer for NatSci, and I applied for St. John's. Really hope they want me, haha.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by newtothis00)
    Hi v thrilled to get an offer for eng lit! Applied to castle but I know its very popular - anyone know the chances of gettign in there? Obviously I'd love any college but just wondering...
    Snap! I applied for English and to University College too! I know that it's the most oversubscribed college though so not expecting to necessarily get in there!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ellieanor)
    oooh, I applied to Mary's too and I'm doing English and Classics under the Liberal Arts programme... competition! ;D
    Ah nice! Really want to change to the Liberal Arts course for English/Art History post-results day When did you recieve your offer? Bit worried about recieving an offer only on the 3rd of Feburary as the first college allocations are done for those who heard by the 1st of Feburary...

ReputationRep:
    Post-offer days for Durham City for those with an offer before 1st Feb can now be booked on the following link-
    https://www.dur.ac.uk/conference.boo...pp=1&event=551
    You will need your UCAS id and your Durham Pin Code on your confirmation letter from Durham.
    My Daughter found out her college allocation when she got to the accommadation page.
    I am not from the uni - just a parent - so I am sorry I wont be able to help if it doesnt work for you! I think the colleges email everyone soon anyway!
    Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    On the Durham Freshers fb group someone said they received an email saying they've been accepted into Collingwood!
    So has college allocation begun?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by charleethompson)
    On the Durham Freshers fb group someone said they received an email saying they've been accepted into Collingwood!
    Yes, it has. My friend got an email a few minutes ago with his college! (It was an open application if that affects anything.)

ReputationRep:
    I saw that too! Seems like Collingwood and perhaps Grey have started emailing? Where did you apply to?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by heather.b;[url="tel:62750833")
    62750833[/url]]I saw that too! Seems like Collingwood and perhaps Grey have started emailing? Where did you apply to?
    To Josephine Butler so my odds aren't great! Just would love SC and a single room, but then all the colleges are lovely especially the Bailey ones! So I don't overly mind about being reallocated
    What about you?

ReputationRep:
    To Josephine Butler so my odds aren't great! Just would love SC and a single room, but then all the colleges are lovely especially the Bailey ones! So I don't overly mind about being reallocated
    What about you?
    Ahh yeah self catered!! I went for Chads but I know it's quite oversubscribed so not expecting to get it Good luck with Josephine Butler.

ReputationRep:
    Got into Mary's for education studies with English!! And I only heard back on the 3rd of feb very excited and happy!!

ReputationRep:
    Trevelyan college allocation, had an open application for law.

ReputationRep:
    hild bede!

ReputationRep:
    Just been allocated to Hild Bede for Classics

ReputationRep:
    Allocated to Hild Bede, applied to Chads. Seems everyone is ending up there, haha. Can anyone tell me anything about it?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.