Durham
Visit website
Reply 141
Original post by Alex621
Well I just got the confirmation, officially a Van Mildert member :unimpressed:

Same, although it looks quite good on reflection
Original post by Ruszty
Same, although it looks quite good on reflection

I'm a bit annoyed that only 5% of the rooms are en suite, and I really wanted a self-catered option because I feel like part of uni life is cooking for yourself but maybe I could get over it :lol: Those are the only two things I don't like about it, so other than that, I agree it looks like a nice college.
Original post by Alex621
I'm a bit annoyed that only 5% of the rooms are en suite, and I really wanted a self-catered option because I feel like part of uni life is cooking for yourself but maybe I could get over it :lol: Those are the only two things I don't like about it, so other than that, I agree it looks like a nice college.

Van Mildert is self catered https://www.dur.ac.uk/van-mildert.college/undergraduate/accommodation/

Dammit didn't realise only one block is en suite hope I get one.
Reply 144
Original post by Lemonpopsicle2
My son got allocated Grey, very disappointed, might be a deal breaker

My brother stayed at Grey last year and had a great time I suppose it depends on what your preference was though
Original post by mkwhater
Van Mildert is self catered https://www.dur.ac.uk/van-mildert.college/undergraduate/accommodation/

Dammit didn't realise only one block is en suite hope I get one.

It says fully catered :s-smilie:
Reply 146
Original post by maryley
I received an offer for English Lit last week and have been allocated to Grey College - email came through today. I originally applied to St Marys as it was an older building and I had my heart set on an older university but it does still have the gowned formals and smaller number of shared rooms and supposedly the 'best bar' of the colleges, which is always a plus!!
I haven't visited Grey, hopefully will be attending applicant days in March, so I'd appreciate any thoughts on the college? It seems relaxed and friendly while still maintaining tradition which is perfect for me, I just wish it wasn't so modern!!!

You should definitely take a look, it's a nice college my brother spent his first year there, his room was nice, not a bad size, and he really liked the food and everything, plus he does maths so it was perfectly located for him really, the formals are meant to be great but they get booked up pretty quickly
Reply 147
Original post by CounselofMe
Has anyone heard back from St John's college yet? Still waiting for my college allocation!

I'm still waiting too! :s-smilie:
Original post by Murmel
I'm still waiting too! :s-smilie:

Did you put down John's on your application?
Original post by umpa_dumpa
Applied to Hatfield got Hatfield. Im doing Nat Sci (Maths & Comp Sci). I know Hatfield is hated but I just though it was nice whilst I was there.

Ohh great a fellow nat sci at Hatfield :smile:
I'll be doing chemistry and physics
Reply 150
Did you put down John's on your application?

Yeah! :smile: and the more I've looked at
it, the more I like it, so really hope that's where I'm allocated!
Original post by Murmel
Yeah! :smile: and the more I've looked at
it, the more I like it, so really hope that's where I'm allocated!

Me too! I really hope I get allocated there! What are you planning to study?
Reply 152

Let's hope we both are! :colondollar:
I'm going to study NatSci with chemistry and biology! And you?
Original post by Murmel
Let's hope we both are! :colondollar:
I'm going to study NatSci with chemistry and biology! And you?

Yeah!
I'm going to study theology!

You can see if you've been allocated there if you go to the booking page on the website and click on the accommodation tab, I've been allocated there to do chemistry, I can't wait! :biggrin:
Original post by Nirvana27
Trevelyan Natural Sciences, really excited now. I originally applied to Josephine Butler, however, now am worried about how much the catering costs at Trevelyan :s-smilie: anyone else find it frustrating how most colleges are catered?

I have been allocated Trevs as well :smile: Applied to Castle originally but really like the look of this one now. Just annoying that you have to share a room for at least one term.
Reply 156
Original post by Spoderman14
You can see if you've been allocated there if you go to the booking page on the website and click on the accommodation tab, I've been allocated there to do chemistry, I can't wait! :biggrin:

What is the booking page? :redface:
Trevelyan reallocation, after originally applying to the Castle. However in hindsight the arty side of Trevs is very me and it is formal and the small size appeals to me. However annoyed that it looks like you have to share a room for at least one term- not my cup of tea
Original post by Murmel
What is the booking page? :redface:

For the post offer visit days, there's a link to it further back on this thread, go to the bottom and press the button which says book now or something, then fill in your details for it (temporarily) so you can get to the accommodation section, where it'll tell you which college you'll be staying in, i.e. which college you've been allocated to.
Reply 159
Original post by Spoderman14
For the post offer visit days, there's a link to it further back on this thread, go to the bottom and press the button which says book now or something, then fill in your details for it (temporarily) so you can get to the accommodation section, where it'll tell you which college you'll be staying in, i.e. which college you've been allocated to.

Oh, ok! Thank you, I'll try it now. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest