Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Spoderman14)
    For the post offer visit days, there's a link to it further back on this thread, go to the bottom and press the button which says book now or something, then fill in your details for it (temporarily) so you can get to the accommodation section, where it'll tell you which college you'll be staying in, i.e. which college you've been allocated to.
    Oh, ok! Thank you, I'll try it now.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lblundell)
    Trevelyan reallocation, after originally applying to the Castle. However in hindsight the arty side of Trevs is very me and it is formal and the small size appeals to me. However annoyed that it looks like you have to share a room for at least one term- not my cup of tea
    I can't be sure, but when my brother went to Grey they said there was a high chance they would have to share for a term, but no more than that, and he never had to so you never know it might not happen to you

ReputationRep:
    For the post offer visit days, there's a link to it further back on this thread, go to the bottom and press the button which says book now or something, then fill in your details for it (temporarily) so you can get to the accommodation section, where it'll tell you which college you'll be staying in, i.e. which college you've been allocated to.
    Seems like I've been allocated to St. John's! I'm doing NatSci with chemistry as well, so maybe I'll see you in October! Who knows Is it your first choice uni?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by r.ayre)
    I can't be sure, but when my brother went to Grey they said there was a high chance they would have to share for a term, but no more than that, and he never had to so you never know it might not happen to you
    Yes I hope that will be the case! Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Murmel)
    Seems like I've been allocated to St. John's! I'm doing NatSci with chemistry as well, so maybe I'll see you in October! Who knows Is it your first choice uni?
    Always has been, I firmed it the day I got an offer xD

ReputationRep:
    Always has been, I firmed it the day I got an offer xD
    Oh, alright! That's great then! It is my first choice uni in the UK, but I have to figure out some financial stuff before i firm it (international fees are CRAZY, why isn't Norway part of the EU ... ). Really really hope I can make it though, Durham seems like an amazing place to study!

ReputationRep:
    According to the website i've got a place at St John's! I applied for St Mary's but after looking, John's looks really lovely - any thoughts/has anyone else heard from there?

ReputationRep:
    I've been offered Josephine Butler for Classics and am gutted really wanted catered and traditional so may turn my offer down. Just devastated.

ReputationRep:
    how come people are being allocated to Butler even though a lot of people put it as their first choice but didn't get in?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alex621)
    how come people are being allocated to Butler even though a lot of people put it as their first choice but didn't get in?
    It's because of subject quotas, a lot of science students like to go to JB so it's highly unlikely they'll be reallocated there, but a smaller proportion of arts students state butler as a preference and so are more likely to be reallocated there than science students.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by scratchedpaw)
    It's because of subject quotas, a lot of science students like to go to JB so it's highly unlikely they'll be reallocated there, but a smaller proportion of arts students state butler as a preference and so are more likely to be reallocated there than science students.
    Ahhh right, thanks, I didn't realise they had quotas like that, I suppose it makes sense... it's just annoying seeing people dissapointed with the college they've been given when it's the one I wanted to go to

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone ever manage to change their allocation?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jlewispart)
    Does anyone ever manage to change their allocation?
    I'd write a letter to the dean/principle of the college you want to be part. What's the worst that can happen?

Officially, I think the answer is no. But in reality some people will miss their offers, some people will end up going to other universities so it can't possibly be set in stone yet

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by flirps)
    According to the website i've got a place at St John's! I applied for St Mary's but after looking, John's looks really lovely - any thoughts/has anyone else heard from there?
    I had it as my preference, and has also been allocated there according to the website. Haven't heard from them though. I chose it because it just seemed super nice! Nice location, traditional and a good size👌🏻 I've also looked at the instagram tag, and it looks really lovely! What subject are you going to study?

ReputationRep:
    Thanks, it's worth a try.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Murmel)
    I had it as my preference, and has also been allocated there according to the website. Haven't heard from them though. I chose it because it just seemed super nice! Nice location, traditional and a good size👌🏻 I've also looked at the instagram tag, and it looks really lovely! What subject are you going to study?
    Yeah I haven't heard from them personally yet either! But I never got the chance to look around there on the open day - it seems really nice from what i've read there and must be promising for it to be your preference too! Philosophy, wbu?

ReputationRep:
    Applied and got allocated to University College

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Thetankman)
    Applied and got allocated to University College
    Same

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Wow nice What subject did you apply for?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Thetankman)
    Wow nice What subject did you apply for?
    Psychology, you?

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.