Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

TV/Netflix Recommendations Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheGreatImposter)
    Attack on titan is 25 episodes, each episode is very short and it's action filled. You can always try it and if you don't like it you don't have to watch it. And arrow is awesome, stephen amell is hottttt
    Agreed on Amell 😁🙌

ReputationRep:
    Mr Robot
    House of Cards
    Narcos
    Suits
    The Office (don't bother with the **** US version)
    True Detective's first season
    Peaky Blinders
    Luther
    The Wire

ReputationRep:
    House

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Conzy210)
    Mr Robot
    House of Cards
    Narcos
    Suits
    The Office (don't bother with the **** US version)
    True Detective's first season
    Peaky Blinders
    Luther
    The Wire

I've watched two episodes of the US The Office. It was **** 😂

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hxfsxh)
    I've watched two episodes of the US The Office. It was **** 😂
    It's the complete opposite kind of humour to the original series, and because of that loses all of its charm.

What makes The Office so fantastic is the subtle, awkward, reality based humour. You watch it and continuously smirk, rather than laugh out loud.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Conzy210)
    It's the complete opposite kind of humour to the original series, and because of that loses all of its charm.

What makes The Office so fantastic is the subtle, awkward, reality based humour. You watch it and continuously smirk, rather than laugh out loud.
    I might start it soon, who knows?

ReputationRep:
    I might start it soon, who knows?
    I would highly recommend it. After you've watched it start on Extras, Life's Too Short is very decent too.

Extras in particular has some fantastic scenes.

ReputationRep:
    Pretty little liars

ReputationRep:
    Breaking bad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ben2000)
    Breaking bad
    Didn't like it 😁

ReputationRep:
    Didn't like it 😁
    How far into it did you get?

ReputationRep:
    How far into it did you get?
    About 12 episodes or thereabouts

ReputationRep:
    Sons of Anarchy is great

ReputationRep:
    About 12 episodes or thereabouts
    Fair enough, I was hooked almost instantly aha

I would say it gets better as it goes on though, as he gradually turns from Walt to Heisenberg.

ReputationRep:
    Fair enough, I was hooked almost instantly aha

I would say it gets better as it goes on though, as he gradually turns from Walt to Heisenberg.
    I got lost almost instantly aha
    I'm more into other stuff like The Vampire Diaries :shrug:
    • Reporter Team

ReputationRep:
    Ooo, I love Arrow!
    I never got into anime 😂
    If you like superhero TV shows, watch Daredevil and Jessica Jones (in that order ideally), they're absolutely fantastic :yep:

ReputationRep:
    Get Amazon Prime and wait for Top Gear to come back.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheGreatImposter)
    This is my kinda thread:

- Mr. Robot
    - Breaking Bad
    - Scandal
    - Suits
    - Sherlock
    - Arrow
    - Daredevil
    - Flash
    - Luther
    - Orange is the new black
    - Heroes
    - Lost (gotta warn you though, you WILL have unanswered questions at the end)
    - The office US & UK ( hilarious)

if you're into anime (or even if you're not this is worth watching) and want something short try death note and attack on titan.

For me. I thought that they answered pretty much everything apart from 1 or two things. They left out a few minor things. But the only major things they left out was: Why was Walt special? (I know they didn't explain this because the actor was getting to old to play a 10 year old also I know that when he gets angry he kills birds with his mind by accident. They showed this one one of the deleted scenes.)

Also not really major but maybe who was on the outrigger?(My theory is that it was the people from the other plane who was also in the outrigger. So lapidus and jacobs protectors) Stuff about Libby. (This was kind of answered actually. Her husband died but still)

What happened to those 2 kids and the other survivors who was taken. (After season 6, I know we do see them)

And Anne, Bens childhood friend. Just wondering what you thought was unanswered, I wanna see if it was or if I know the answer.

Also have you seen heroes reborn? Its pretty good. It comes out in the uk soon. I have already seen it though.

Also I would recommend colony.

ReputationRep:
    Firefly
    firefly
    firefly
    firefly
    firefly
    firefly
    firefly
    firefly
    firefly
    firefly
    firefly

ReputationRep:
    On Netflix: Jessica Jones, Daredevil, Narcos, Better Call Saul, House of Cards, Scream (netflix original series, not the film), Sense 8, Breaking Bad.

On Amazon Prime: Man in a High Castle, Mr Robot, The Walking Dead.

Amazon prime doesn't have as many but they currently have a student trial (free for 6 months), definitely worth getting for the shows they have on there. I might even consider renewing my prime subscription after the trial runs out because it's really good.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 13, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    How are your GCSEs going so far?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.