ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Foo.mp3)
    So many beautiful women :daydreaming:

Spoiler:
    Show
    ..who won't give you time of day unless you're a model/banker :unimpressed:

Does not compute
    Is women the only thing the city has to offer :rolleyes:

Yes, I have lived here for 24 years. It's time for a new chapter. Preferably abroad. Back to Tuscany or Munich

ReputationRep:
    Like all big cities it's overcrowded and polluted. Living on the edge of the Peak District I can taste the difference in the air when I step out of the train station in London or Manchester.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by queen-bee)
    Is women the only thing the city has to offer :rolleyes:
    Women, gambling, drugs, strip clubs, crowds (including concentrations of somewhat alien immigrants/failed multiculturalism), dirt, traffic, pollution and electrosmog. Vices and hazards to mental and physical health and wellbeing :yy:

ReputationRep:
    Women, gambling, drugs, strip clubs, crowds (including concentrations of somewhat alien immigrants/failed multiculturalism), dirt, traffic, pollution and electrosmog. Vices and hazards to mental and physical health and wellbeing :yy:
    So basically the high life? Lucky for you foo, your favourite girl ivy.98 lives in london too,ain't that a bonus. Could both go for romantic walks along the Thames maybe you can take both her and mother out to dinner after all.
    You know I think all my lung Infection issues have been related to pollution,living in a major built up area. TB is on the rise in London especially as people come in from countries where the disease is prevalent

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kandykissesxox)
    It's multicultural, extremely diverse. The underground subways give you that adrenaline and Oxford street is the most beautiful at night.

Shame I don't live in ldn..
    "subways", I am guessing you are American then?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yaa just dunno)
    I'm British lol. Oops, my mistake. Too
    many American shows man 😖

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yaa just dunno)
    Clearly referring to underground adrenaline providing sandwich shops

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Student403)
    Lmao, subway sandwiches have that effect on me ngl

ReputationRep:
    That's what I was thinking as well.:lol:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kandykissesxox)
    Lmao, subway sandwiches have that effect on me ngl
    Must be the cookies.. I love the cookies

ReputationRep:
    Must be the cookies.. I love the cookies
    A footlong on Italian bread 😆
    The cookies are good too

ReputationRep:
    So many beautiful women :daydreaming:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    ..who won't give you time of day unless you're a model/banker :unimpressed:
    Does not compute
    if you're not on banker money in London you might as well just lay down and rot

ReputationRep:
    So basically the high life? Lucky for you foo, your favourite girl ivy.98 lives in london too,ain't that a bonus. Could both go for romantic walks along the Thames maybe you can take both her and mother out to dinner after all.
    You know I think all my lung Infection issues have been related to pollution,living in a major built up area. TB is on the rise in London especially as people come in from countries where the disease is prevalent
    But I thought kensington & chelsea would totally be free of impurities brought in by immigrants? :lol:

ReputationRep:
    £1 fish at Upton Park :yy:
    Oxford Street when aint as busy
    And the fact that nobody speaks to you
    For example
    You could be having an asthma attack on the tube and the man sitting next to you will continue reading their metro (which is nice till you are actually in need)

ReputationRep:
    We know there's no city that beats London in this country.

So what do y'all like about this city?

The hustle and bustle is number one in the list for me. Getting to places. Never running out of things to do. It's not dead quiet,I couldn't hack living outside this city in the UK. And and definitely the exquisite restaurants and multicultural vibe
    London the greatest city in the UK? You're being waaay too narrow in your thinking. London is the single best city on the face of the Earth. Full stop.

New York maybe comes close, but it doesn't beat it. London has history, and has proximity to Europe.

In terms of culture, it is the coolest place on Earth. It ticks literally every box for what makes a great city (education, health, diversity, politics, architecture, transport), and excels in all of them.

Show me a city that is better than London, and I'll show you a liar.

Love Christmas shopping down Oxford Street, or those wonderful warm evenings by the Thames in Greenwich especially.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by navarre)
    London the greatest city in the UK? You're being waaay too narrow in your thinking. London is the single best city on the face of the Earth. Full stop.

New York maybe comes close, but it doesn't beat it. London has history, and has proximity to Europe.

In terms of culture, it is the coolest place on Earth. It ticks literally every box for what makes a great city (education, health, diversity, politics, architecture, transport), and excels in all of them.

Love Christmas shopping down Oxford Street, or those wonderful warm evenings by the Thames in Greenwich especially.
    LA > LDN

ReputationRep:

You clearly have never been outside London.:facepalm:

ReputationRep:
    :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    I don't mind visiting London but I could never live there. Definitely an overrated city.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Break up or unrequited love?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.