Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Calling all Londoners Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by queen-bee)
    Rush hour on the tube in London is the only thing I hate but I take taxis everywhere so doesn't effect me anymore
    You and I live in different worlds...london taxi's...id sooner ring an ambulance to bring me around.

Dint let money get in the way of your dreams
    Im thinking of moving there post graduation for a year or two...just for life experience..long term not a way in hell I could afford to live there.

maybe I should give Birmingham or Liverpool a go

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by trustmeimlying1)
    You and I live in different worlds...london taxi's...id sooner ring an ambulance to bring me around.

Im thinking of moving there post graduation for a year or two...just for life experience..long term not a way in hell I could afford to live there.

maybe I should give Birmingham or Liverpool a go
    You should move here? I hear Birmingham is grim?... Do you really want to be living in a grim place?

ReputationRep:
    You should move here? I hear Birmingham is grim?... Do you really want to be living in a grim place?
    the buzz and and city itself is something beyond Il ever experience in Ireland.

but I like the simple things too. and money wise theres no future in london. its a temporary stop.

The smaller english cities must have something to offer.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SUPREME Gent)
    I prefer Raqqa and Mogadishu myself.
    Stfu. People are dying everyday in those places and you're here to make sick little jokes. GTFO

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WoodyMKC)
    ...the staff looked proper Chinese, then opened their mouths and a proper cockney accent would come out...
    Wot do u mean 'proper Chinese' ?! R u being RACIST ?!
    Wot's wrong wid an East Asian speaking fluent English?! wud u bat an eyelid at an ethnic African or South Asian who can speak fluent English in London?! There! Why are u so racist?! Y do u assume all East Asians are Chinese!? Haven't u heard of other East Asian ethnicities apart from Chinese, such as Korean, Vietnamese...etc?! Do u also assume all ethnic Africans are Nigerians and all South Asians are Indians?! U need to stop being so RACIST n narrow-minded!

Birmingham is getting better! Come up here if London is too much

ReputationRep:
    Can we all agree that north London is best and south London is worst?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jedanselemyia)
    Birmingham is getting better! Come up here if London is too much
    really? im consdering brumville..

really? im consdering brumville..
    Yeah, it depends where you live. Like stay away from Handsworth lol
    But the center and other parts are nice
    Like you get the big city vibe but it's nowhere as vibrant as London.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jedanselemyia)
    Yeah, it depends where you live. Like stay away from Handsworth lol
    But the center and other parts are nice
    Like you get the big city vibe but it's nowhere as vibrant as London.
    yeh dont sell it very well p

but yeh If I go youre my friend so be ready kid.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yellow 03)
    Don't panic. You can find much cheaper places if you look a bit harder, and if you steer clear of agents - I have never paid an admin fee in my life for any property I rented, neither have many of my friends. Property is expensive but there are many opportunities, and many people who live in a shared flat at half the price you site above. You have to know where and how to look. For example, if you look to rent somewhere on the central line it will be way cheaper than if you look on the piccadilly line, etc. Unfortunately you can't avoid the deposit and the transport costs are a killer so it's better not to commute very far.

I thought you were going to be in Yorkshire though, rather than London? Feel free to give me a shout if not.
    I was just looking at jobs. I thought £25K was a good salary, but it's not enough for central London...

yeh dont sell it very well p

but yeh If I go youre my friend so be ready kid.
    Sure, sure

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lawliettt)
    Can we all agree that north London is best and south London is worst?
    No all of london is a chithole. Move to hertfordshire

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    London's a hellhole. So glad I got out of there.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hoping4Astars)
    This isn't really true. There are virtually no more run down flats ands finitely no slums in tower hamlets anymore. Ever since the olympics, the run down council flats have been replaced with new better ones and some of the better quality old ones still remain. It is definitely not disgusting or decrepit anymore. It is still poor but people still have a decent standard of living there.
    I went there a few days ago, the east end is truly third world.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Diabolus)
    No all of london is a chithole. Move to hertfordshire

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Herts is ok

but Surrey is better.

Bucks is good but the people have no class

ReputationRep:
    London is a hell hole. So glad I left.

ReputationRep:
    and another thing

People talk about London's amazing pubs (Seven stars off Fleet Street, with their cat who wears an Elizabethan ruff), as much as I like cats, it's all soul-less hipsterism. I'm not much a of a drinker I must say, but I would be far more impressed by a rustic tavern, full of fisherman and tweed wearing farmers, where the cider is made from apples the landlord grew on his own orchard and the beer was created in the good man's garage which had been converted to a microbrewery.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Diabolus)
    Yeah, I love the multicultural vibe too, especially right before 9am and after 5pm.

Haha so true. During rush hour, London goes from minority white to majority white.

ReputationRep:
    Where I live is pretty boring but I love Central London to pieces mainly because of the food and how there's always something to do.

And the nightlife is pretty amazing..

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Break up or unrequited love?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.