Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

USW Applicants 2016 Official Thread Watch

University Navigation

ReputationRep:
    Hey Everyone, I am the senior student academic rep for University Of South Wales.

Whether it's about student life, entry requirements, Open Days, UCAS or whatever, I will reply to all of your questions.

This is the perfect opportunity to gain advice on how to submit the perfect university application not just to us, but to anywhere.

I hope you and your friends find this useful and I look forward to reading your questions soon!

USW Academic Representative

ReputationRep:
    Please Post In Here What Course you've applied for at USW.

ReputationRep:
    Hi
    I am an international student and I am planning to apply for the Integrated Undergraduate Masters in Chiropractic (MChiro) at USW. The campus is at Glyntaff, Pontypridd. How is it staying there? Is it a very small town? How much would the train trip cost to go to Cardiff? What kind of shops are there? Could you give me some ideas of how the town will be like and its people?
    Thank you

ReputationRep:
    Hi
    I am hopefully going to be studying police sciences at USW, i was wondering when accommodation applications start? and how i apply for accommodation. I was also wondering what the treforest/pontypridd area is like for students. Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Hi dears, I've received a conditional offer (I still need an IELTS Cert) for Aviation Engineering and Management course instead of Aviation Maintenance System one (postgraduate!).
    I'd like to ask why but in particular which are the differences and what is the core about this new course that wasn't available last year?
    thanks and take care

ReputationRep:
    Applying for the Master of Chiropractic course which is based in Trefforest and wondering what the town is like, how easy it is to go to Cardiff for nights out and if the town is as quiet as it really looks for a student town!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lemoncoco)
    Hi
    I am an international student and I am planning to apply for the Integrated Undergraduate Masters in Chiropractic (MChiro) at USW. The campus is at Glyntaff, Pontypridd. How is it staying there? Is it a very small town? How much would the train trip cost to go to Cardiff? What kind of shops are there? Could you give me some ideas of how the town will be like and its people?
    Thank you
    Sorry for the delayed reply. The accommodation itself is very ideal and good. A train trip to Cardiff would cost around £6. Cardiff itself has all the main shops. Pontypridd itself is very small town.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Levi Davies)
    Hi
    I am hopefully going to be studying police sciences at USW, i was wondering when accommodation applications start? and how i apply for accommodation. I was also wondering what the treforest/pontypridd area is like for students. Thanks
    Accommodation applications begin in a few months (normally start of summer) once majority of offers have been sent out and confirmed. An email will
    Be sent to you and via post about applications for accommodation.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HMLuke14)
    Hi dears, I've received a conditional offer (I still need an IELTS Cert) for Aviation Engineering and Management course instead of Aviation Maintenance System one (postgraduate!).
    I'd like to ask why but in particular which are the differences and what is the core about this new course that wasn't available last year?
    thanks and take care
    I'm not exactly sure what the difference is between the two courses. You'll have to look at the course description on the university website and compare them both. All info on the courses will
    Be found on the website

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Blackers54321)
    Applying for the Master of Chiropractic course which is based in Trefforest and wondering what the town is like, how easy it is to go to Cardiff for nights out and if the town is as quiet as it really looks for a student town!
    It's very easy to get to Cardiff for nights out via taxi or minibuses and not at all expensive when travelling in large groups around £5 per person.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Which campus have people applied to and for what courses?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I've received an unconditional offer from USW for mechanical engineering, which I have happily accepted. A few days back I received another invitation to an applicant day (March I think without double checking) and I was wondering if there would be anything new to see on that day, as I have now been to an open day and applicant day and think I have a good understanding of the Treforest and the area, and unsure about whether or not to go.
    Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TotalMadness13)
    Hi, I've received an unconditional offer from USW for mechanical engineering, which I have happily accepted. A few days back I received another invitation to an applicant day (March I think without double checking) and I was wondering if there would be anything new to see on that day, as I have now been to an open day and applicant day and think I have a good understanding of the Treforest and the area, and unsure about whether or not to go.
    Thanks.
    You should definitely drive down their with your family and check it out. Just so you get a first hand feel for yourself prior to everything. If that makes sense?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DaisyCardiffRep)
    You should definitely drive down their with your family and check it out. Just so you get a first hand feel for yourself prior to everything. If that makes sense?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yeah it does, Ill see if I can work something out, thanks for the advice!

ReputationRep:
    No worries, where are all the other USW applicants at?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hi,
    I've submitted my application a few days ago. How long does the university normally take to process the applications?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Thaveesha)
    Hi,
    I've submitted my application a few days ago. How long does the university normally take to process the applications?
    Normally varies but should be
    Soon normally done by March

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    A very useful group for all University Of South Wales Applicants and Offers Holders 2016:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/UNSWStudents/

A very useful link to all Accommodation groups once allocations have been made to help you find your flatmates:

https://www.facebook.com/events/1072215452810663/

ReputationRep:
    Who's got their offers so far and what course?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Anyone doing Journalism at the Atrium?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Break up or unrequited love?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.