Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I need someone to tell me it's still possible? Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Literally I haven't done no where near the work I should have to attain As however I have some of bio notes done but if I do intense revision now like try to complete notes for March and past papers after can I get an A I really need someone to calm me the F down😭😑 before I wasn't motivated because I was suffering severe depression and mum was ill however now I'm feeling better I need tips on what I can do in the next four month that will get me top grades

I take maths biology and chemistry and have Bs in AS for them however I'm resitting four AS modules to😶

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Okay firstly, relax! If you're constantly worried and stressing, that'll make everything worse! I'm doing the exact same subjects as you and got AAAA at AS so maybe I can help you out a little bit (I hope)!

I think the main thing that will help you get better grades and also to stop being so worried about it is to schedule your time well. Write down all the exams you have, and then all the topics within those exams. Then, work out how many free hours you have a week, and at the beginning of the week, work out when you're going to revise what. Be specific with this, so instead of writing down something like "Biology revision", I'd write down "BY4 revision - photosynthesis". If you have big topics, break it down even further, so it's manageable and not so overwhelming i.e. "BY4 revision - photosynthesis - light dependent stage".

This way, you won't just be sitting down thinking "I need to revise!!!" and getting yourself worked up, you'll know exactly what subject, module and topic you want to cover in that session. You'll be able to make sure you've covered everything you need to and you'll know what's left to do!

If you want any help or a chat, PM me and I'll do my best to help out!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sortofmusician)
    Okay firstly, relax! If you're constantly worried and stressing, that'll make everything worse! I'm doing the exact same subjects as you and got AAAA at AS so maybe I can help you out a little bit (I hope)!

I think the main thing that will help you get better grades and also to stop being so worried about it is to schedule your time well. Write down all the exams you have, and then all the topics within those exams. Then, work out how many free hours you have a week, and at the beginning of the week, work out when you're going to revise what. Be specific with this, so instead of writing down something like "Biology revision", I'd write down "BY4 revision - photosynthesis". If you have big topics, break it down even further, so it's manageable and not so overwhelming i.e. "BY4 revision - photosynthesis - light dependent stage".

This way, you won't just be sitting down thinking "I need to revise!!!" and getting yourself worked up, you'll know exactly what subject, module and topic you want to cover in that session. You'll be able to make sure you've covered everything you need to and you'll know what's left to do!

If you want any help or a chat, PM me and I'll do my best to help out!
    Normally I'm to relaxed and laid back to work but I Have sudden phases of realisation but thanks alot👌🏿🤓😊😊😊soun ds useful does that

I just wanted to ask where abouts are you with your revision and plus what's the best way you memorise information

Well done on your As that is solid to achieve xx

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ohhelloloser)
    Normally I'm to relaxed and laid back to work but I Have sudden phases of realisation but thanks alot👌🏿🤓😊😊😊soun ds useful does that

I just wanted to ask where abouts are you with your revision and plus what's the best way you memorise information

Well done on your As that is solid to achieve xx
    Honestly, I'm not where I wanted to be in terms of my revision, been feeling a bit stressed and demotivated recently, got mocks next week so I guess I'm just going to have to try my best! Managed to get back on track a bit more this past week though which I'm pleased about

I find the best way to memorise information is by using flashcards, I go through my notes and make cards with a question on the front and the answer on the back, and that way I can test myself or get other people to test me on them. I've found this really useful for biology especially. I just find that doing this makes the information stick in my head, and they're super easy to do wherever you are!

Thank you so much! Well done on your Bs too, that's definitely not to be sniffed at either! xxx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sortofmusician)
    Honestly, I'm not where I wanted to be in terms of my revision, been feeling a bit stressed and demotivated recently, got mocks next week so I guess I'm just going to have to try my best! Managed to get back on track a bit more this past week though which I'm pleased about

I find the best way to memorise information is by using flashcards, I go through my notes and make cards with a question on the front and the answer on the back, and that way I can test myself or get other people to test me on them. I've found this really useful for biology especially. I just find that doing this makes the information stick in my head, and they're super easy to do wherever you are!

Thank you so much! Well done on your Bs too, that's definitely not to be sniffed at either! xxx
    Aww it's normal for everyone to get demotivated but as long as you pick yourself up in time for the exams aha oh I did that briefly for biology last year however I wrote mark scheme answers on flash cards and tried to memorise them 🤓

But Thankyou xx😉

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    You're welcome x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ohhelloloser)
    literally i haven't done no where near the work i should have to attain as however i have some of bio notes done but if i do intense revision now like try to complete notes for march and past papers after can i get an a i really need someone to calm me the f down😭😑 before i wasn't motivated because i was suffering severe depression and mum was ill however now i'm feeling better i need tips on what i can do in the next four month that will get me top grades

i take maths biology and chemistry and have bs in as for them however i'm resitting four as modules to😶

posted from tsr mobile
    it is possible! You can do this!
    • Welcome Squad

Hey,

It's never too late. You've still got 4 months to work your arse off and since you're starting now in a healthy mental state with no distractions, you have a significantly lower risk of burning out and not taking in any information.

You can do this, ohhelloloser. Don't allow your past illness be the obstacle at present which could have an effect on your future! :hugs:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Break up or unrequited love?
    Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.