The Student Room Group

What's a good book to read...?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by The Joker ~
~.~

^-^
Clive Cussler writes adventure books, a series called "The Dirk Pitt Adventures". Not quite what you stated but may be worth a look.
Original post by Mystery.
^-^

o / 0
The Spectacular Now - Tim Tharp
Perks of Being a Wallflower - Stephen Chbosky
To Kill a Mockingbird - Harper Lee

These are some of my personal favourites :smile:
iv heard 'the girl on the train' is good but iv not read ir yet, its downstairs in the pile of books i need to read
Original post by shawtyb
iv heard 'the girl on the train' is good but iv not read ir yet, its downstairs in the pile of books i need to read

Yes it's really good I'm reading it right now
Original post by Student403
Yes it's really good I'm reading it right now

hhhhhi friendy!!!
good, it must be better then 50 shades -.-
Original post by shawtyb
hhhhhi friendy!!!
good, it must be better then 50 shades -.-

Hey! :wavey:

Yes lol I have heard nothing positive about 50 shades (neither the book nor the movie)
Hey! :wavey:

Yes lol I have heard nothing positive about 50 shades (neither the book nor the movie)

both were ****. just bashed the same book on another thread haha and the film cut out half of the book, i know films do it in general but there was little structure to the film
Original post by shawtyb
both were ****. just bashed the same book on another thread haha and the film cut out half of the book, i know films do it in general but there was little structure to the film

Ah fair enough :lol:

Then in that case I guess the movie was better cause there was less to endure :wink:
An Astronauts Guide to Life on Earth by Chris Hadfield
Ah fair enough :lol:

Then in that case I guess the movie was better cause there was less to endure :wink:

could say that lol
Mystery: 'The life' by Martina Cole, Confessions: The murder of an Angel by James Patterson

It is strange because I have read so many books but right now I cannot think of many. I hope you enjoy the recommended books if you ever read them! :smile:.
(edited 7 years ago)
All of John Green's books: Looking for Alaska, An Abundance of Katherines, Paper Towns, Will Grayson Will Grayson, The Fault in Our Stars

Of the books I've read/bought, some of the ones I have kept (other than the above) are: Room {most gripping}, Wonder, The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time, Goodnight Mister Tom, The Perks of Being a Wallflower

Some books I'm not sure I still have, probably wouldn't re-read but were great: The One Plus One, Me Before You {really good}, How to Fall in Love
Original post by _aylinyilmazx
I need a new book to start reading & I'm not really sure what. I'm interested in books such as: educational, drama, mystery, romance, fantasy. Any suggestions?? I'm 17..if that helps cause I don't like reading little/short books and stuff..just average tbh. Thaankss(:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Wonder , from RJ Palacio :smile:
1984 by George Orwell
The Lord of the Rings Trilogy
Dracula by Bram Stoker
The book thief or The giver.
Bothe amazing books!:u:
The Mortal Instruments, The Infernal Devices, Alex Rider, Percy Jackson/Heroes of Olympus, Cirque du Freak/Darren Shan (a little childish but I'm 17 and I love them), Red Queen, Magnus Chase, The Lunar Chronicles.... I could go on? Haha :P
Frankenstein is a good book. It's rather depressing, but it's interesting and dramatic. The Goldsmith's Daughter by Tanta Landman is good too.
Reply 79
Original post by _aylinyilmazx
I need a new book to start reading & I'm not really sure what. I'm interested in books such as: educational, drama, mystery, romance, fantasy. Any suggestions?? I'm 17..if that helps cause I don't like reading little/short books and stuff..just average tbh. Thaankss(:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Bleak house. The most cheerful book you will ever read.

Anything by Jane Austen. Once you understand the social commentary, she is hilarious.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending