Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What's a good book to read...? Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Joker ~)
    ~.~
    ^-^

ReputationRep:
    Clive Cussler writes adventure books, a series called "The Dirk Pitt Adventures". Not quite what you stated but may be worth a look.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mystery.)
    ^-^
    o / 0

ReputationRep:
    The Spectacular Now - Tim Tharp
    Perks of Being a Wallflower - Stephen Chbosky
    To Kill a Mockingbird - Harper Lee

These are some of my personal favourites

ReputationRep:
    iv heard 'the girl on the train' is good but iv not read ir yet, its downstairs in the pile of books i need to read

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shawtyb)
    iv heard 'the girl on the train' is good but iv not read ir yet, its downstairs in the pile of books i need to read
    Yes it's really good I'm reading it right now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Student403)
    Yes it's really good I'm reading it right now
    hhhhhi friendy!!!
    good, it must be better then 50 shades -.-

ReputationRep:
    hhhhhi friendy!!!
    good, it must be better then 50 shades -.-
    Hey! :wavey:

Yes lol I have heard nothing positive about 50 shades (neither the book nor the movie)

ReputationRep:
    Hey! :wavey:

Yes lol I have heard nothing positive about 50 shades (neither the book nor the movie)
    both were ****. just bashed the same book on another thread haha and the film cut out half of the book, i know films do it in general but there was little structure to the film

ReputationRep:
    both were ****. just bashed the same book on another thread haha and the film cut out half of the book, i know films do it in general but there was little structure to the film
    Ah fair enough :lol:

Then in that case I guess the movie was better cause there was less to endure

ReputationRep:
    An Astronauts Guide to Life on Earth by Chris Hadfield

ReputationRep:
    Ah fair enough :lol:

Then in that case I guess the movie was better cause there was less to endure
    could say that lol

ReputationRep:
    Mystery: 'The life' by Martina Cole, Confessions: The murder of an Angel by James Patterson

It is strange because I have read so many books but right now I cannot think of many. I hope you enjoy the recommended books if you ever read them! .

ReputationRep:
    All of John Green's books: Looking for Alaska, An Abundance of Katherines, Paper Towns, Will Grayson Will Grayson, The Fault in Our Stars

Of the books I've read/bought, some of the ones I have kept (other than the above) are: Room {most gripping}, Wonder, The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time, Goodnight Mister Tom, The Perks of Being a Wallflower

Some books I'm not sure I still have, probably wouldn't re-read but were great: The One Plus One, Me Before You {really good}, How to Fall in Love

(Original post by _aylinyilmazx)
    I need a new book to start reading & I'm not really sure what. I'm interested in books such as: educational, drama, mystery, romance, fantasy. Any suggestions?? I'm 17..if that helps cause I don't like reading little/short books and stuff..just average tbh. Thaankss(:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Wonder , from RJ Palacio

ReputationRep:
    1984 by George Orwell
    The Lord of the Rings Trilogy
    Dracula by Bram Stoker

ReputationRep:
    The book thief or The giver.
    Bothe amazing books!

ReputationRep:
    The Mortal Instruments, The Infernal Devices, Alex Rider, Percy Jackson/Heroes of Olympus, Cirque du Freak/Darren Shan (a little childish but I'm 17 and I love them), Red Queen, Magnus Chase, The Lunar Chronicles.... I could go on? Haha :P

ReputationRep:
    Frankenstein is a good book. It's rather depressing, but it's interesting and dramatic. The Goldsmith's Daughter by Tanta Landman is good too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by _aylinyilmazx)
    I need a new book to start reading & I'm not really sure what. I'm interested in books such as: educational, drama, mystery, romance, fantasy. Any suggestions?? I'm 17..if that helps cause I don't like reading little/short books and stuff..just average tbh. Thaankss(:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Bleak house. The most cheerful book you will ever read.

Anything by Jane Austen. Once you understand the social commentary, she is hilarious.

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    How are your GCSEs going so far?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.