Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What is one thing that should be eradicated from this world? Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wolfram Alpha)
    Why do we need them?
    with Russia being so aggressive and North Korea testing long range rockets and the very real possibility that they have or are developing nuclear weapons if we were to disarm they would have no deterrent not too attack while I don't like the fact we need them it would be a big problem for national security if we got rid of them.

ReputationRep:
    Cars - lets start the biking revolution!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ua3142)
    We'd see a great reduction in pollution levels but I don't know if everyone would be willing to resort to bicycles.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jonathanemptage)
    with Russia being so aggressive and North Korea testing long range rockets and the very real possibility that they have or are developing nuclear weapons if we were to disarm they would have no deterrent not too attack while I don't like the fact we need them it would be a big problem for national security if we got rid of them.
    If nuclear weapons were eradicated North Korea would not be able to develop nuclear weapons nor would Russia appear to be so dangerous.

ReputationRep:
    Hatred.

ReputationRep:
    csgo skins

ReputationRep:
    Phone bills

ReputationRep:
    Cynism

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BadgerNeer1)
    csgo skins
    What's that?

ReputationRep:
    Materialism

ReputationRep:
    war

ReputationRep:
    terrorism and child abuse.

ReputationRep:
    my ex

ReputationRep:
    Labour

(Original post by Kajsajbas)
    That's not a very nice nor open minded thing to say. Well hey ho, have fun with life and I will too.
    Well not really, I can have a negative opinion of religion overall while being liberal and not caring or minding one bit about what people do with their lives, it's theirs not mine
    (Original post by 7rance)
    Having freedom isn't about doing what you want, it's about doing what you ought to.

By that same token, what you see as "free" and happy could through another person's eyes be seen as captivity and sadness. Much like the saying goes, one mans food is another mans poison.

You say they'll miss out on "life experiences" because of their faith, but that too implies that these life experiences have a shared opinion of necessity. Even then, a shared opinion is a still an opinion.

Not a single person alive today truly knows what's right and what's wrong, each have their own interpretations. When you say "overall" could you be referring to siding with the majority? Anything agreed upon in majority does not make it right nor wrong.

If a religion never existed, we wouldn't know how things would pan out, it's left up to imagination and through that we can never really tell whose imagination actually occupies any credibility. So you saying people would turn to X and Y is pointless because no one would really know how things would pan out.
    Read the above

Guessing you're religious. You have a rather biased opinion.
    As someone who was previously religious and now have no faith I can see both sides of the story and I'm speaking my own opinions freely. You've never not been religious and you can't really speak for yourself in that scenario...

Religion is outright backwards and limiting in my opinion. But you have your own and thats great, but why discuss it with essays?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rxns_00)
    Well not really, I can have a negative opinion of religion overall while being liberal and not caring or minding one bit about what people do with their lives, it's theirs not mine

Read the above

As someone who was previously religious and now have no faith I can see both sides of the story and I'm speaking my own opinions freely. You've never not been religious and you can't really speak for yourself in that scenario...

Religion is outright backwards and limiting in my opinion. But you have your own and thats great, but why discuss it with essays?
    Whatttt? No I'm not religious. I was brought up with no religion but was taught to respect all religions equally. If I had a religion it'd be all of them. I'm spiritual I'm just saying religion has purpose.
    So excuse me but you can't assume what I am and what I'm not.
    I see both sides too, but more equally that you do. I am not biased. You are.

(Original post by Kajsajbas)
    Whatttt? No I'm not religious. I was brought up with no religion but was taught to respect all religions equally. If I had a religion it'd be all of them. I'm spiritual I'm just saying religion has purpose.
    So excuse me but you can't assume what I am and what I'm not.
    I see both sides too, but more equally that you do. I am not biased. You are.
    Um but I wasn't talking to you... I was talking to the other person I quoted lol?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ua3142)
    (Original post by Wolfram Alpha)
    We'd see a great reduction in pollution levels but I don't know if everyone would be willing to resort to bicycles.
    Biking is fun and much healthier.

ReputationRep:
    Um but I wasn't talking to you... I was talking to the other person I quoted lol?
    Oh I got confused by the read above

ReputationRep:

Read the above

Instead of taking guesses you could just ask me rather than proceeding to tell me what I could have and could have never been and what I can and can't say for myself.

I never even stated my opinion and whilst I do have an opinion you make it seem as though it opposes yours.

No matter how many adjectives you place in front of the word opinion, At the end of the day, positive opinion/negative opinion/neutral opinion, it's still an "opinion".

Each have their own and I think we should all just respect that without seeking to describe them with adjectives.

As for discussing with essays, why not?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.