Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What is one thing that should be eradicated from this world? Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jonathanemptage)
    with Russia being so aggressive and North Korea testing long range rockets and the very real possibility that they have or are developing nuclear weapons if we were to disarm they would have no deterrent not too attack while I don't like the fact we need them it would be a big problem for national security if we got rid of them.
    North Korea wouldn't have anywhere near enough that we couldn't shoot them all down. We'd then flatten them with a targeted air campaign and a ground invasion by the South. There would be much, much fewer civilian casualties, no fallout etc.

(Original post by 7rance)
    Instead of taking guesses you could just ask me rather than proceeding to tell me what I could have and could have never been and what I can and can't say for myself.

I never even stated my opinion and whilst I do have an opinion you make it seem as though it opposes yours.

No matter how many adjectives you place in front of the word opinion, At the end of the day, positive opinion/negative opinion/neutral opinion, it's still an "opinion".

Each have their own and I think we should all just respect that without seeking to describe them with adjectives.

As for discussing with essays, why not?
    Don't discuss it with essays if you don't even address what I say to you...

You literally ignore every point I mention. I suppose my guesses were correct too lol

And once again what are you talking about adjectives about opinions? I was talking about the opinions and views I hold, and when saying I have a negative opinion I was saying I can hold an opinion against religion in general yet can still accept people do what they want and they can be religious if they like

ReputationRep:
    Religion.

Plenty of others have already said it, i've nothing against religious people (my mums very religious and i love the hell out of her (heh, excuse pun)) but religion is taken so far people are willing to kill over it. Nobody should die for what they believe, and having a group of people under one belief system take it too far for those who don't share the same belief is doing more harm than good atm.

(when i said people, i meant normal people, not psychopaths. they aren't normal)

But then again, man and womankind (mankind more than womankind ye, fite me) will always find something to kill over. Human nature folks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rxns_00)
    Don't discuss it with essays if you don't even address what I say to you...

You literally ignore every point I mention. I suppose my guesses were correct too lol

And once again what are you talking about adjectives about opinions? I was talking about the opinions and views I hold, and when saying I have a negative opinion I was saying I can hold an opinion against religion in general yet can still accept people do what they want and they can be religious if they like
    If that's what it takes to float your boat, so may it be.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wolfram Alpha)
    If nuclear weapons were eradicated North Korea would not be able to develop nuclear weapons nor would Russia appear to be so dangerous.
    Actually, strategic nuclear weapons are what assures peace beetwen superpower countries.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mutual...ed_destruction

And speaking of Russia, Russia is not agressive. Of course, there is some danger because of Russian collective character and post-Soviet politicians taking care of youth education in this country, but actually Russia acts more legit than USA, because Russia is the weaker and UN is a very good organization for them, to win many of their interests.

Ukrainian war is pretty much West's fault. I mean
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Near_abroad
    is not any secret, neither the Russian fleet base at Crimea was not any secret. Their army backed from Germany to eastern boarders of Ukraine and Belarussia, they lost a large radar installations in Ukraine, they have only 140 million people and decresing, largely obsolete army and they are sitting on vast natuarl resources. What did you expect them to do? To lose control over Ukrainian government and risking their fleet base in Crimea, which would cause strategic danger to their west-southern flank, and discredit the Russian president in eyes of his nation, for letting the West to do whatever it wants iside the Near abroad? No way!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wolfram Alpha)
    If nuclear weapons were eradicated North Korea would not be able to develop nuclear weapons nor would Russia appear to be so dangerous.
    The thing is every country is too scared to disarm if we disarm we open ourselves up to an attack from Russia same as the USA if they disarm they open themselves up to attack from North Korea basically the whole world would have to disarm at the same time and that won't happen.

Nuclear capability is needed for those reasons it does help keep the peace but through fear and distrust not in a good way.

ReputationRep:
    Why do people get the idea that nuclear weapons are just an automatic win button from? They can currently be shot down, especially the type North Korea is likely to wield, and that technology is constantly improving.

If people insist on keeping nukes, couldn't the "civilised" world just put them all under the control of the security council. There is no way a rouge nation could wipe out enough members to prevent a majority vote to retaliate, so there would still be the concept of M.A.D but with less worry of a country using them offensively.

ReputationRep:
    This thread.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by oShahpo)
    The world would be boring without all the arguments between atheists and religious people, so I am glad we do disagree.
    Tbh,there are too many arguments between atheists and theists,so much that arguments are now boring because every debate is the same and same points always brought up.

ReputationRep:
    your sister's virginity
    ...by me

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dheorl)
    Why do people get the idea that nuclear weapons are just an automatic win button from? They can currently be shot down, especially the type North Korea is likely to wield, and that technology is constantly improving.

If people insist on keeping nukes, couldn't the "civilised" world just put them all under the control of the security council. There is no way a rouge nation could wipe out enough members to prevent a majority vote to retaliate, so there would still be the concept of M.A.D but with less worry of a country using them offensively.
    Rouge nations do not even have effective rockets and any significant number of bombs, so they are out of the question. The point is, that Russia is weaker than it's potential enemies (USA, NATO, China, soon India), and their defensive doctrine says that they will use nuclear weapons in self defence, so they won't let it go for this reason. Another thing is, that Russian people can stand poverty, but they wouldn't stand their country not being powerfull, so they need this nuclear weapons also for their comfort.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PTMalewski)
    Rouge nations do not even have effective rockets and any significant number of bombs, so they are out of the question. The point is, that Russia is weaker than it's potential enemies (USA, NATO, China, soon India), and their defensive doctrine says that they will use nuclear weapons in self defence, so they won't let it go for this reason. Another thing is, that Russian people can stand poverty, but they wouldn't stand their country not being powerfull, so they need this nuclear weapons also for their comfort.
    With regards to rouge nations I was thinking more looking towards the future. A lot of people argue "but what if North Korea got nukes".

I know Russia would be hugely reluctant to give them up, they do have the biggest after all but I meant in an ideal world if people didn't want to have no defensive nukes but didn't like the thought of other countries having offensive nukes, then putting them in the hands of the security council would to me be a reasonable more.

ReputationRep:
    Capitalism

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yo12345)
    Capitalism

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Then what instead?

Btw. true capitalism is inexistant in modern world.

(Original post by Dheorl)
    With regards to rouge nations I was thinking more looking towards the future. A lot of people argue "but what if North Korea got nukes".

I know Russia would be hugely reluctant to give them up, they do have the biggest after all but I meant in an ideal world if people didn't want to have no defensive nukes but didn't like the thought of other countries having offensive nukes, then putting them in the hands of the security council would to me be a reasonable more.
    I think we would as well, change law of physics.
    Introducing any solution that is against human nature or against theory of organization, will fail.

Soviet Block and EU are good examples of this.

I don't mean that Soviet Block and EU are same as bad, no!
    But both share solutions that effected in waste of money, stealing, and lack of proper debate.

ReputationRep:
    snakes

ReputationRep:
    Me!! Me!! Me!! xd

Otherwise it's a perfect world~

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yo12345)
    Capitalism

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Edgy

My choice, I would eradicate Influenza.

ReputationRep:
    My virginity

ReputationRep:
    Islam, although perhaps a more widespread eradication of all kinds of traditionalist ultra-conservativism would be better.

ReputationRep:
    People moaning about the damn EU referendum!
    Its doing my head in (i voted remain btw)
    Please no more comments about it!!!!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.