The Student Room Group

what is it that makes people so digustingly unclean at uni?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by drbluebox
My experiences were with rich kids or middle class kids, only exception was a foreign guy but he already owned a nice house.

All the poor people I lived with were better as they had to self taught how to take care of themselves.

Quite offensive to claim poor kids came from dumps though, if they were so poor they couldn't afford to go to university in the first place

I had "tidy" well off flatmates once, they did have a cleaning quota but only did the dishes once a week and one was a trained chef so used about 4 pots in one go and left them full of leftovers, I had to clean plates, cutlery and evne pots to use them almost every time and 19 times out of 20 I washed them straight away after usage but the time after found them dirty again, the justification for them saying I had to stick to the rota was that the 1 time out of 20 i didn't clean the stuff! (and even that was only because I had a long day so came back to wash them after I sat in room for a horu to find them already being used by someone else)

Yeah..... I've both met and been friends with such individuals. Affording to go to university? Grants by and large alleviate that problem. In fact most individuals who received the full grants.... not only received noticeable more money than myself, but were also available to apply for extra grants directly for the university.

My well off mates were a complete mixed bag, with the extremely well off usually extremely disgusted by untidiness and usually the ones who often cleaned up after everyone.

Those who left the messes however often were the same at home, and more often than not were not actually the most well of people. Most actually were from fairly lower backgrounds.

One ex and a close mate both came from poorer backgrounds at university.... both left a complete mess.... both had the same background at home.

I don't honestly think most poorer individuals learn to look after themselves any more than the vast majority.... those that do however are often carers for other children and/or their parents. However they are in the vast minority of cases.
Some people are just ****.

And I award those who cannot even respect those around them and the house they live in with as much respect as they deserve, none whatsoever.
Original post by SophieSmall
Some people are just ****.

And I award those who cannot even respect those around them and the house they live in with as much respect as they deserve, none whatsoever.

Let me guess: the omitted swear word was either the 'T' word or the 'C' word, amirite?
Original post by lustawny
Let me guess: the omitted swear word was either the 'T' word or the 'C' word, amirite?

Nope it began with and S and ended with a T. Though I would definitely regard them as Cs
Nope it began with and S and ended with a T. Though I would definitely regard them as Cs

So you would shag a disgusting, filthy slob, then?
So you would shag a disgusting, filthy slob, then?

I'm confused. :frown:
I'm confused. :frown:

I'm trying to be funny here. It's no longer funny if I have to break down a joke for someone who I'm trying to be funny towards.

':sad:'
I'm trying to be funny here. It's no longer funny if I have to break down a joke for someone who I'm trying to be funny towards.

':sad:'

But....I didn't get it :frown:
But....I didn't get it :frown:

Okay. If the omitted swear word had been either the 'T' word or the 'C' word, it would mean that you would have said that you would not offer your gash to someone who is a filthy, disgusting slob who has no respect for himself and others. You denied that the omitted word was the either the 'T' word or the 'C' word, and I made a joke out of that by asking you if you would shag a filthy, disgusting slob who has no respect for himself and others.

Comprende? :smile:
Okay. If the omitted swear word had been either the 'T' word or the 'C' word, it would mean that you would have said that you would not offer your gash to someone who is a filthy, disgusting slob who has no respect for himself and others. You denied that the omitted word was the either the 'T' word or the 'C' word, and I made a joke out of that by asking you if you would shag a filthy, disgusting slob who has no respect for himself and others.

Comprende? :smile:

But my first comment had nothing to do with sex so I still don't get where this joke came from :frown:
But my first comment had nothing to do with sex so I still don't get where this joke came from :frown:

If the omitted swear word was the 'S' word, like you say, it would have meant that you would not offer any materialistic, physical property to someone who has no respect for himself and others (materialistic, physical property here, meaning the 'S' word).

Christ, this is taking forever to get a laugh out of you...
If the omitted swear word was the 'S' word, like you say, it would have meant that you would not offer any materialistic, physical property to someone who has no respect for himself and others (materialistic, physical property here, meaning the 'S' word).

Christ, this is taking forever to get a laugh out of you...

None of what you said makes sense, if the omitted swear word was that it still doesn't make sense. I said I wouldn't give them respect that's all....I just don't see what you are seeing.

Also think we're thinking of different s words...
None of what you said makes sense, if the omitted swear word was that it still doesn't make sense. I said I wouldn't give them respect that's all....I just don't see what you are seeing.

Also think we're thinking of different s words...

I think I see where our minds differ. I'm linking the first sentence with the second paragraph, and you intended for them to be separate. Apologies.
I think I see where our minds differ. I'm linking the first sentence with the second paragraph, and you intended for them to be separate. Apologies.

Even if they were linked it doesn't make sense, I just don't get it.
Even if they were linked it doesn't make sense, I just don't get it.

My humour is wasted on you, then.
My humour is wasted on you, then.

your humour sucks.
Original post by stefano865
I just did a **** in my hand because I couldn't be bothered to go to the bathroom.

Anyone else do this every now and then?

The trick is to leave the bathroom door open so you can toss the **** down the hall, and hopefully it'll land in the loo.
Original post by Dr Pesto
The trick is to leave the bathroom door open so you can toss the **** down the hall, and hopefully it'll land in the loo.

hahaha dying.
your humour sucks.

Or maybe you just don't have a sense of humour. Get one.
It's their first experience of living interdependently. Without parents to nag them, all of their bad behaviour comes through.

Quick Reply

Latest