Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Why do women complain about their periods? Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I would design a pill that stops women from getting periods

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Blue_Mason)
    I doubt it is comparable feeling as you have not experienced such a feeling of being kicked in the balls
    ... And you have clearly never experienced what it is like to have a period.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AmazingArry)
    It supposed to be every 28 days, not the same day every month. Eventually it might seem that they're inconsistent but because of the fact only February 28 days; days will offset. Your period will never be on the same date every month for anyone. Just count 28 days from the first day of your period. Sometimes your cycle might be shorter or longer than other women e.g mine is 26 days, just try to pick out patterns in your period because everyone is different.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    It doesn't quite work out as neatly as that for a lot of women. Variable cycles are a common thing.

Period tracker apps are a useful thing for anyone interested. There is one called Clue. It cannot predict my cycle but it can alert me to the days I need to be extra cautious about contraception. The pill and injection did not agree with me so I have had to do without those methods of birth control.

ReputationRep:
    Have a bad one and then come back and question our judgment

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Age Quod Agis)
    Your heterophobia astounds me. How dare you suggest I date a man just because I "empathise with (them) the most"!!!
    Spoiler:
    Show
    I wasn't being serious :lol: ... not in this post, not in the other you replied to...
    ahhhh okay, sorry for going full out rage, maybe add like a smiley face next time to make your statements more obviously jokey for those (me) who are not so good in the art of detecting sarcasm/whatever kind of humour you were going for ;-)

ReputationRep:
    The Depo Provera injection already has this side effect for many women. Except the other side effects include crazy mood swings, increased migraine, weight gain and heightened risk of deep vein thrombosis.

I stopped having it when I realised that I was probably capable of killing someone over a slight driving violation or because I didn't appreciate their tone of voice.

It would be so amazing , I count on you :lol: :lol:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lana banana)
    ahhhh okay, sorry for going full out rage, maybe add like a smiley face next time to make your statements more obviously jokey for those (me) who are not so good in the art of detecting sarcasm/whatever kind of humour you were going for ;-)
    I was trolling, so puttins a smiley would give it away lol! Sorry.

ReputationRep:
    maybe just one that reduces the side effects and not a pill that would render us infertile or what have you- but yeah i'd buy one if you can do that successfully, go on dragons den for definite

ReputationRep:
    It supposed to be every 28 days, not the same day every month. Eventually it might seem that they're inconsistent but because of the fact only February 28 days; days will offset. Your period will never be on the same date every month for anyone. Just count 28 days from the first day of your period. Sometimes your cycle might be shorter or longer than other women e.g mine is 26 days, just try to pick out patterns in your period because everyone is different.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    So you count 28 days whilst on your period or after it's finished ? Do you know of any good period tracking apps?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kandykissesxox)
    So you count 28 days whilst on your period or after it's finished ? Do you know of any good period tracking apps?
    I think you start counting from when you start your period?

Yes yo do, the cycle started by convention the first day of your period

ReputationRep:
    Would that really be apart of the 28 days though?:3

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CCC75)
    It doesn't quite work out as neatly as that for a lot of women. Variable cycles are a common thing.

Period tracker apps are a useful thing for anyone interested. There is one called Clue. It cannot predict my cycle but it can alert me to the days I need to be extra cautious about contraception. The pill and injection did not agree with me so I have had to do without those methods of birth control.
    It can be from 23-29 days for anyone so it should fall on one of those days of your cycle

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I see

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    It can be from 23-29 days for anyone so it should fall on one of those days of your cycle

Posted from TSR Mobile
    24-35 days, but a woman can have fluctuating cycle lengths. I experience this and always have done. Hence the unpredictably of my periods. Linen trousers in the summer are a huge gamble for me. I recently got caught out in a jumpsuit and had to make a swift exit home from a funeral reception.

http://www.nhs.uk/conditions/periods...roduction.aspx

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    It will be 29 days this year Can't wait for Rio!

ReputationRep:
    10/10 troll

ReputationRep:
    I love the fact that OP was basically saying "EW I DONT WANNA HEAR ABOUT PERIODS STOP TALKING ABOUT PERIODS ITS GROSS" so the incredible women of TSR have posted 5 pages of period stories, backfired a bit hahah

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by savingwonderland)
    I love the fact that OP was basically saying "EW I DONT WANNA HEAR ABOUT PERIODS STOP TALKING ABOUT PERIODS ITS GROSS" so the incredible women of TSR have posted 5 pages of period stories, backfired a bit hahah
    I know, right 😁

And when OP said,

(Original post by davidguettafan)
    I see
    I thought, awww bless him! 😄

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Break up or unrequited love?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.