Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

How to get an A* in writing coursework? Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I'm preparing for my GCSE spanish writing coursework and I really want to get a good mark, as I'm aiming for an A* overall. What sort of things need including to get an A*? Also, if anyone has the marking scheme for the writing coursework, that would help, the exam board is Edexcel. The writing is about local town so anything interesting that could be included to get a higher grade. Thanks in advance.

ReputationRep:
    http://www.lisabeta.co.uk/edexcel-gc...-criteria.html

ReputationRep:
    Hey there
    I don't do Spanish, but I'm doing two language gcse.
    I think that the concept is the same so I'll tell you what I think you should include in your writing:

1) OPINIONS e.g. I love how kind my mother is
    2) PAST TENSE e.g. Last week I went shopping with my sister
    3) PRESENT TENSE e.g. I am 16 years old
    4) FUTURE TENSE e.g. Next week I will go to a concert.
    5) IMPERFECT TENSE e.g. When I was little, I used to play the piano.
    6) HAVE COOL PHRASES e.g. On the other hand/ it is a waste of time/ Additionally TRY TO USE UNIQUE SENTENCE STARTERS
    7) LOADS OF DIFFERENT CONNECTIVES e.g. however, furthermore, since
    8) TRY TO MAKE YOUR SENTENCES AS DETAILED AS POSSIBLE e.g. Ever since I was little, I have always wanted to become a pianist, because I love how the melody calms people down and it is very relaxing.
    9) MAKE YOUR WRITING SOUND FLUENT, I recommend writing it in English before you start writing your draft
    10) YOU MUST LEARN YOUR DRAFT BY HEART! (and make sure you learn it without mistake)

I think this is what you mostly need to do to get an A*.
    Hope it helps

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    How are your GCSEs going so far?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.