I'm preparing for my GCSE spanish writing coursework and I really want to get a good mark, as I'm aiming for an A* overall. What sort of things need including to get an A*? Also, if anyone has the marking scheme for the writing coursework, that would help, the exam board is Edexcel. The writing is about local town so anything interesting that could be included to get a higher grade. Thanks in advance.
How to get an A* in writing coursework? Watch
- Thread Starter
- 06-02-2016 23:24
- 06-02-2016 23:30
- 09-02-2016 18:41
I don't do Spanish, but I'm doing two language gcse.
I think that the concept is the same so I'll tell you what I think you should include in your writing:
1) OPINIONS e.g. I love how kind my mother is
2) PAST TENSE e.g. Last week I went shopping with my sister
3) PRESENT TENSE e.g. I am 16 years old
4) FUTURE TENSE e.g. Next week I will go to a concert.
5) IMPERFECT TENSE e.g. When I was little, I used to play the piano.
6) HAVE COOL PHRASES e.g. On the other hand/ it is a waste of time/ Additionally TRY TO USE UNIQUE SENTENCE STARTERS
7) LOADS OF DIFFERENT CONNECTIVES e.g. however, furthermore, since
8) TRY TO MAKE YOUR SENTENCES AS DETAILED AS POSSIBLE e.g. Ever since I was little, I have always wanted to become a pianist, because I love how the melody calms people down and it is very relaxing.
9) MAKE YOUR WRITING SOUND FLUENT, I recommend writing it in English before you start writing your draft
10) YOU MUST LEARN YOUR DRAFT BY HEART! (and make sure you learn it without mistake)
I think this is what you mostly need to do to get an A*.
Hope it helps