Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

The Legend of Zelda Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tania<3)
    Haha, it is really intimidating the first time you play it, now it's piss-easy but it still gets my heart going a bit. Mind you I haven't played through the game for a good 3 years so I'm still getting stuck at certain points :lol:

Ancient Cistern is my favourite dungeon though, I loved the whole Buddha theme!
    Oooh I did that not too long ago haha
    Yeah I liked that dungeon, but god them spiders really frustrated be at the beginning :spider:
    • Reporter Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sora_)
    I played Minish Cap on an emulator on my phone, and it's SO good! Definitely one of my favourites
    I finished A Link Between Worlds last week, and although it's not particularly challenging, the art style and story are amazing so it really makes up for that

I feel Skyward sword is a realllly under rated game, because the fighting is so unique and it's the first Zelda in the timeline- where everything started off. The side-quests are so much fun and I love flying around on the loftwing around the different islands in the sky.
    You're doing a severe disservice to the game to play it on a phone. Do you have a Wii U, a DS/DS Lite or GBA? If so, I highly recommend picking it up to play on one of those platforms. After all, you've not yet paid for it when you should have done.

In any case, I thought that you guys might appreciate this... (expand tagged for size)

Click me

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Illusionary)
    You're doing a severe disservice to the game to play it on a phone. Do you have a Wii U, a DS/DS Lite or GBA? If so, I highly recommend picking it up to play on one of those platforms. After all, you've not yet paid for it when you should have done.

In any case, I thought that you guys might appreciate this... (expand tagged for size)

Click me
    That picture is the most beautiful thing I've seen for a longg time *0*
    As for minish cap, I finished it a couple of years ago and I don't plan on replaying it again any time soon
    I used an app that would let me customise the layout so it as exactly like a real gameboy If it wasn't, I wouldn't have played it lol

ReputationRep:

Click me
    You my friend...are a true Hyrule Warrior.
    • Reporter Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lúcio)
    You my friend...are a true Hyrule Warrior.
    Still sadly missing this one, though

ReputationRep:

I don't have the "original" but I have it on a GameCube special edition disk that also included Zelda II, OoT master quest and Majora's Mask
    • Reporter Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lúcio)
    I don't have the "original" but I have it on a GameCube special edition disk that also included Zelda II, OoT master quest and Majora's Mask
    Yep, that's one very much worth having. :yep:

Click me

The GBA port - and of course, the 3DS/Wii U releases - are other decent alternatives.
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sora_)
    Would you still play the next zelda game or has skyward sword put you off too much lol. Did you finish SS?
    No I didn't finish SS I couldn't get into it. I'd still try other zelda games I've not played but it is unlikely at the moment because I don't have any of the consoles to play them on.

ReputationRep:

Only £120 on ebay

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zerforax)
    Only £120 on ebay
    Didn't realise you liked Zelda
    Please enlighten me on your favourite game(s)

Might as well talk about something decent before the inevitable depressing Liverpool match tonight...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lúcio)
    Didn't realise you liked Zelda
    Please enlighten me on your favourite game(s)

Might as well talk about something decent before the inevitable depressing Liverpool match tonight...
    I feel like we've spoken about OoT vs MM in the past?

OoT remains my favourite and I'd love to have the time to play it through again. Pretty sure a friend helped me with the Shadow and Spirit temples when I completed the game.

I bought Zelda: A link to the past on the SNES at the weekend so I'm looking forward to playing that (even if it will be shorter and simpler).

ReputationRep:
    Ocarina Of Time :heart:
    One of my all time favourites.

Majora's Mask was awesome (and tweaky), Windwaker was decent, Twilight Princess didn't grow on me but I'd happily go back and replay it. I've also got Legend of Zelda I and II somewhere.

ReputationRep:
    The adverts, man...

ReputationRep:
    I've played links awakening, minish cap, Oracle of seasons and now currently playing OoT on 3DS. My favourite would be Links awakening!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    I've played Ocarina of time and Majora's mask. I'm very excited for the new Zelda, because it will have a nostalgic feel to it.

ReputationRep:
    Only Twilight Princess. Probably in my top 5 games ever though. My fave game is Okami and that's basically a Zelda game for the most part lol. I did play Ocarina of Time a bit on emulator but got bored/not really a fan of emulators.
    Sadly I don't have a Wii U or any console but I would probably be excited if I did..
    • Reporter Team

ReputationRep:
    Only £120 on ebay
    You see the problem

Copies do go for cheaper from time to time. Just as soon as I see a boxed/complete copy for up to £60 that I can jump on quickly enough, it'll be mine!

(Original post by eternaforest)
    I've played links awakening, minish cap, Oracle of seasons and now currently playing OoT on 3DS. My favourite would be Links awakening!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Based on those, get yourself Oracle of Ages - it's the best of Capcom's three Zeldas (excellent though they all are). If you have a 3DS, it's nice and cheap on the VC.

ReputationRep:
    I feel like we've spoken about OoT vs MM in the past?

OoT remains my favourite and I'd love to have the time to play it through again. Pretty sure a friend helped me with the Shadow and Spirit temples when I completed the game.

I bought Zelda: A link to the past on the SNES at the weekend so I'm looking forward to playing that (even if it will be shorter and simpler).
    Yeah we quite possibly have but I guess it isn't strictly relevant on the Liverpool thread

Both are absolutely legendary games but I just feel like MM is more artistic and emotive. It's bigger than itself in places and it's just so different. OoT will always hold a place in the hearts of any because it was the first N64 Zelda game and absolutely revolutionary. That being said, MM had to live up to OoT and in my mind it did that and beyond!

There are just so many tiny little things that makes me in awe of MM. Just something small like being able to see the moon get closer and closer wherever you are on the map, or the fact that the game has a very specific time element. I haven't even spoken about the masks...
    I love them both but I don't think any game will surpass Majora's Mask for me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lúcio)
    Yeah we quite possibly have but I guess it isn't strictly relevant on the Liverpool thread

Both are absolutely legendary games but I just feel like MM is more artistic and emotive. It's bigger than itself in places and it's just so different. OoT will always hold a place in the hearts of any because it was the first N64 Zelda game and absolutely revolutionary. That being said, MM had to live up to OoT and in my mind it did that and beyond!

There are just so many tiny little things that makes me in awe of MM. Just something small like being able to see the moon get closer and closer wherever you are on the map, or the fact that the game has a very specific time element. I haven't even spoken about the masks...
    I love them both but I don't think any game will surpass Majora's Mask for me.
    I hated the timer and having to restart when the moon crashed.

Did you play MM first before OoT?

ReputationRep:
    I hated the timer and having to restart when the moon crashed.

Did you play MM first before OoT?
    That's the best thing about it!
    The game is calling the shots; you're the one who has to work around its schedule. Yeah you can manipulate time but the fact that you have to manually reset the cycle when you run out of time shows how powerless you'd be without the Ocarina.

The game is perfectly designed and it was a really risky move to include some of the mechanisms they did. The risk paid off.

Nah I played OoT first so I certainly understand why people love it. It's all a matter of opinion though; my brothers didn't really like MM - they were actually scared of it. Scared of the timer and the moon. If a game can make you scared in such a subtle way, that's a true masterpiece.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    How are your GCSEs going so far?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered gaming threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.