The Student Room Group

Taking A level physical education independently?

Can it be done?

I know you can take A-level's independently, but I am not sure about PE as it is (depending on the exam board) has a varying amount of practical work. Usually no more than 20%, but still.

So, can it be done? I think my options so far are that it can be done, and I'll have to send videos of me doing the practical somewhere to prove it, or that it can't and i'll have to find an exam board with no practical whatsoever.

Any help is appreciated, thanks.
Reply 1
Original post by WillSlater
Can it be done?.

Not sure.
i'll have to find an exam board with no practical whatsoever.

There isn't one on the current A levels, don't know for the new ones for teaching from September 2016.
Reply 2
Fair enough. Cheers anyway.

Anyone else know for sure. Its something I really want to do (I am considering the idea of becoming a pe teacher at secondary school) but I simply can't go to a college to do it.

The other two subjects I would like to do would be geography and business studies, both of which I know I can do thanks to neither having coursework related to them.
Reply 3
Anyone else know for sure. Its something I really want to do (I am considering the idea of becoming a pe teacher at secondary school) but I simply can't go to a college to do it.

I've just had a look at a new spec http://www.ocr.org.uk/Images/234833-specification-accredited-a-level-gce-physical-education-h555.pdf it is 30% practical.

If you want to be a PE teacher then Biology would be a good option.

Quick Reply

Latest