I like miserable and brooding
    Well, you're bloody miserable too!!

(Original post by Supersaps)
    Well, you're bloody miserable too!!
    Thank you, such a pleasure to darken your day :mmm:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by enaayrah)
    Thank you, such a pleasure to darken your day :mmm:
    On thing is, So many of the female characters seem rather flat. Natasha is the only one with a bit of spark.

Pierre is such a cool weirdo. He's a stark contrast to the military types and unexpectedly shines out from amoung them.

All the Dads are absolute lads too. Jim Broadbent is on top form.

And the music! And the costumes!

ReputationRep:
    It has the odd experience of feeling like a Russian Pride and Prejudice, though. I bet the book doesn't read like that.

Cried many times
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    An outstanding series, I have to admit :awesome: Credit to the BBC for giving us something memorable.

Hoping to read the book again at some point in the very near future :bigsmile:
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    So, that's it. It was great while it lasted. I loved seeing Helene get her comeuppance, too.

ReputationRep:
    A great six hours of drama. Thoroughly enjoyed watching.

ReputationRep:
    Can someone please explain to me why Bourienne got so much flack by M and A for 'stirring things up' between the old man and M (I'm too scared to try to spell their full names)

It's really bothering me, cheers

ReputationRep:
    I'm so sad it's over, I miss it! I loved everything, the cinematography, the music, the cast! Can I just say as well, how GORGEOUS is James Norton?! (prince andrei) I think he's going to be huge this year! I'm also watching him in Happy Valley, couldn't be more of a different character! He's so compelling whoever he plays! Anyone else watching?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by a noble chance)
    Can someone please explain to me why Bourienne got so much flack by M and A for 'stirring things up' between the old man and M (I'm too scared to try to spell their full names)

It's really bothering me, cheers
    I think it's because he was so mean to his daughter but really nice to her! But I suppose it wasn't really her fault it was his. (I hope I'm talking about the right person!)

ReputationRep:
    What happened to Sonya in the end? I'm assuming were meant to just guess that she's alone?:'(

Posted from TSR Mobile

(Original post by missytwinpeaks)
    What happened to Sonya in the end? I'm assuming were meant to just guess that she's alone?:'(

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Unfortunately yes. In the novel, Sonya stays with Nikolai and Maria to look after their children. She is described by Natasha as a "sterile flower"

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by homeland.lsw)
    Unfortunately yes. In the novel, Sonya stays with Nikolai and Maria to look after their children. She is described by Natasha as a "sterile flower"
    Aw she was my favourite....
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    I miss this.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.