Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Don't know what I want to do? Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I'm in fifth year in Scotland and i'm about to choose my subjects for sixth year (advanced highers), the only problem is, i have absolutely no clue what i want to do in life and its really scary. All my friends seem to have their life sorted out, and I feel as though i'm just floating from feeling to feeling over what i really want to do. I'm doing higher chemistry, biology, maths, english and history and have been predicted all A's. I enjoy history the most, but i don't mind biology that much either.I don't know, it's just so stressful because next month i need to decide and i don't want to make the wrong decision.Does anyone else have this problem, what are your solutions?

ReputationRep:
    A lot people are undecided even in s6, go with what you enjoy the most tbh.. If you like history, Ah English might be useful too.
    Advanced highers are mostly self-study stuff,
    If you don't like that subject then you won't be motivated to do self-study
    Unless you wanna study a particular course that requires you to take certain subjects....
    Plus you can always change subject, it happens a lot. Don't worry too much.
    Even if you make the 'wrong' decision, its not the end of the world.
    Good luck

ReputationRep:
    If you don't have a set career path then your course is unlikely to need AHs like vet, medicine or dentistry. Of course if you like a subject there's no reason for you not to continue with it to AH but the info I had from my school, and a couple of universities, last year was to only do AHs if you need them, otherwise more higher are preferable and this may be more beneficial if you decide on a different career, something to do with art, music, computing, or physics; but make sure you enjoy the subject and don't take AHs or higher just for the sake of it, you want to enjoy your sixth year and not overdo it unnecessarily :burnout:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Break up or unrequited love?
    Applying to university
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.