Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Has anyone else lost the motivation to study? Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I've got my jan exams back and I got 90%+ on three modules with only one in the 70s. But now I'm feeling so depressed about studying. I just don't know what to do. I'm at uni btw.

ReputationRep:
    but you're doing so well! legit only have to keep it up for a few more months and then you can chilllllllllllllll
    without having to worry about retakes
    just give it your all and get it over and done with :3
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    I'm also in kind of a slump having done January exams at uni, though I suspect I did nowhere as near as good as you did.

Anyway, I think it's too soon to start studying properly - just do tiny bits or whatever you did last semester at this stage and hopefully you'll get back into it.

ReputationRep:
    I get how you feel. Well, done with your January grades btw. I guess different things motivate different people. You could try thinking about your end goal more often and see if that helps. There's a great motivational thread by ravioliyears you could check out. I also have an inspirational thread. Try to make sure you're not too stressed too. I have a thread about stress too. Basically, make sure you watch your diet, have daily exercise and take regular breaks so you're not revising too often in certain periods of time. I hope that helps

Posted from TSR Mobile

Take a much needed break from exams, before going into hardcore revision! Just do a little bit a day to ease yourself back into the routine!

Well done with your results!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by z33)
    but you're doing so well! legit only have to keep it up for a few more months and then you can chilllllllllllllll
    without having to worry about retakes
    just give it your all and get it over and done with :3
    Thanks. Thinking about retakes stresses me out so much so that's always a good motivation to study

(Original post by SeanFM)
    I'm also in kind of a slump having done January exams at uni, though I suspect I did nowhere as near as good as you did.

Anyway, I think it's too soon to start studying properly - just do tiny bits or whatever you did last semester at this stage and hopefully you'll get back into it.
    Well done on your results too. I don't think I'll start studying properly just yet but there's so much stuff I need to do during the week prep wise that feels like revising. :cry:

(Original post by aamirac)
    Take a much needed break from exams, before going into hardcore revision! Just do a little bit a day to ease yourself back into the routine!

Well done with your results!
    Thanks for the kind words. I needed the encouragement to get my ass off TSR. :lol:

(Original post by Matrix123)
    I get how you feel. Well, done with your January grades btw. I guess different things motivate different people. You could try thinking about your end goal more often and see if that helps. There's a great motivational thread by ravioliyears you could check out. I also have an inspirational thread. Try to make sure you're not too stressed too. I have a thread about stress too. Basically, make sure you watch your diet, have daily exercise and take regular breaks so you're not revising too often in certain periods of time. I hope that helps

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Cheers. I'm reading your thread right now it's wonderful. I wish I read it sooner.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Danny McCoyne)

Cheers. I'm reading your thread right now it's wonderful. I wish I read it sooner.
    Aww thanks. I'm glad you like it

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.