Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Has anyone else lost the motivation to study? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I've got my jan exams back and I got 90%+ on three modules with only one in the 70s. But now I'm feeling so depressed about studying. I just don't know what to do. I'm at uni btw.

ReputationRep:
    but you're doing so well! legit only have to keep it up for a few more months and then you can chilllllllllllllll
    without having to worry about retakes
    just give it your all and get it over and done with :3
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    I'm also in kind of a slump having done January exams at uni, though I suspect I did nowhere as near as good as you did.

Anyway, I think it's too soon to start studying properly - just do tiny bits or whatever you did last semester at this stage and hopefully you'll get back into it.

ReputationRep:
    I get how you feel. Well, done with your January grades btw. I guess different things motivate different people. You could try thinking about your end goal more often and see if that helps. There's a great motivational thread by ravioliyears you could check out. I also have an inspirational thread. Try to make sure you're not too stressed too. I have a thread about stress too. Basically, make sure you watch your diet, have daily exercise and take regular breaks so you're not revising too often in certain periods of time. I hope that helps

Posted from TSR Mobile

Take a much needed break from exams, before going into hardcore revision! Just do a little bit a day to ease yourself back into the routine!

Well done with your results!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by z33)
    but you're doing so well! legit only have to keep it up for a few more months and then you can chilllllllllllllll
    without having to worry about retakes
    just give it your all and get it over and done with :3
    Thanks. Thinking about retakes stresses me out so much so that's always a good motivation to study

(Original post by SeanFM)
    I'm also in kind of a slump having done January exams at uni, though I suspect I did nowhere as near as good as you did.

Anyway, I think it's too soon to start studying properly - just do tiny bits or whatever you did last semester at this stage and hopefully you'll get back into it.
    Well done on your results too. I don't think I'll start studying properly just yet but there's so much stuff I need to do during the week prep wise that feels like revising. :cry:

(Original post by aamirac)
    Take a much needed break from exams, before going into hardcore revision! Just do a little bit a day to ease yourself back into the routine!

Well done with your results!
    Thanks for the kind words. I needed the encouragement to get my ass off TSR. :lol:

(Original post by Matrix123)
    I get how you feel. Well, done with your January grades btw. I guess different things motivate different people. You could try thinking about your end goal more often and see if that helps. There's a great motivational thread by ravioliyears you could check out. I also have an inspirational thread. Try to make sure you're not too stressed too. I have a thread about stress too. Basically, make sure you watch your diet, have daily exercise and take regular breaks so you're not revising too often in certain periods of time. I hope that helps

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Cheers. I'm reading your thread right now it's wonderful. I wish I read it sooner.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Danny McCoyne)

Cheers. I'm reading your thread right now it's wonderful. I wish I read it sooner.
    Aww thanks. I'm glad you like it

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.