Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

If White people are so lazy and stupid... Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DiddyDec)
    I thought, nobody cares. This post shows the exact opposite of that, you care.

Spelling mistakes corrected in bold.
    K den.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sisuphos)
    K den.
    Just fill this out and send it back to me and I will review your issue.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MJlover)
    And Muslim countries don't? - did you just ignore my post?
    My point was that you went on about culture and infrastructure, when it was clear that it was not the areas the poster was referring to.

Political, philosophical and scientific thought flourish in Europe (particularly central Europe) in recent history which did not happen in the middle-east.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Farm_Ecology)
    My point was that you went on about culture and infrastructure, when it was clear that it was not the areas the poster was referring to.

Political, philosophical and scientific thought flourish in Europe (particularly central Europe) in recent history which did not happen in the middle-east.
    I think that culture includes academic achievements, I mean have you never heard of the scientific and philosophical golden age of Islam?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Islamic_Golden_Age

ReputationRep:
    I think that culture includes academic achievements, I mean have you never heard of the scientific and philosophical golden age of Islam?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Islamic_Golden_Age
    I would hardly call the 13th century recent history.

ReputationRep:
    I said nobody cares. If you want to be pendantic about it, the right way to call it is the Roman Empire since up until the 16th-17th century or so, when Catholic monks were studying the history of the Empire and wanted to find a name for it, came up with "Byzantine" to de-legimitise its Roman claims (and enchance their own papist agenda).

Point being: "Byzantium" and "Byzantine" are as illegitimate as each other. If you want to correct me, at least do it right. Call it the (Eastern) Roman Empire.
    If nobody cares why are you still ranting and raving about nothing in my thread?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AntiBabylonista)
    ...why are White countries so advanced?

Context: I see loads of people saying that the refugees are mainly well-educated doctors, engineers and scientists and that White people are just jealous or scared of losing out in terms of jobs compared with these oh so superior migrants. If this is true, why isn't the UK a third world war zone?

Because we outsource to less developed countries to create our goods for us, most developed countries are service industries rather than manufacturers. We get the best of both worlds.

Increased competition between jobs is not a bad thing but people are more annoyed that opportunities are limited because of foreigners rather who don't necessarily have to be in the country, but of course as part of the EU they are entitled to be here and their jobs can improve our countries even further. You could argue that we are part of the problem, plucking the skilled workers from underdeveloped countries and using their skills and thus holding their home countries back as they miss out on them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Farm_Ecology)
    I would hardly call the 13th century recent history.
    It doesn't really matter when it happened. There was a time when Europe was in completely dark times and they used their ill gotten Empires to advance science, a lot of it was already discovered by Muslims. You just assumed that Muslims never contributed to scientific and intellectual developments cos most of us are brown. Greek Philosophy was also brought to the west from the Muslim world, Plato was introduced to the west by Islamic philosophers (I actually put that on my personal statement and it was not pointed out as wrong to me).

ReputationRep:
    If nobody cares why are you still ranting and raving about nothing in my thread?
    Didn't mean to argue with your boyfriend. Sorry mate. Carry on.

It wasn't me who "raved about nothing" in your thread. It's your boyfriend who attempted to correct me (I originally quoted a girl, not him) whilst being supremely ignorant of the terms he wanted to use.

Again, my apologies. Go back to your xenophobic love-making.

ReputationRep:
    It doesn't really matter when it happened.
    Actually it does matter. The main point is that in recent history, Europe was far more technologically advanced than North Africa, and the argument that this was built off slave labour tends to fail when several of the centers of this innervation were not involved in the slave trade.

There was a time when Europe was in completely dark times and they used their ill gotten Empires to advance science,
    Did they? The period of new scientific thought began before Europeans began expanding out into the world.

Also, I wasn't aware of the vast German, Swiss and Italian Empires.
    a lot of it was already discovered by Muslims.

Which was already discovered by the Chinese, Indians, Greeks and Romans before them. Though not all of it, and thats part of the point.

You just assumed that Muslims never contributed to scientific and intellectual developments cos most of us are brown.
    I assumed no such thing. I am well aware of the contributions the Muslim world made to the advancement of science and thought. I'm also aware of how this contribution is very lacking in more recent history.

Greek Philosophy was also brought to the west from the Muslim world, Plato was introduced to the west by Islamic philosophers (I actually put that on my personal statement and it was not pointed out as wrong to me).
    Well, one could argue that Greek Philosophy was part of the west, but you're wrong regardless. Greek Philosophy was brought over by the Greeks themselves after the Turks took Constantinople.

ReputationRep:

It wasn't me who "raved about nothing" in your thread. It's your boyfriend who attempted to correct me (I originally quoted a girl, not him) whilst being supremely ignorant of the terms he wanted to use.

Still wittering on about nothing I see

ReputationRep:
    I've never heard anyone say white people are lazy and stupid. I think that those who come under that bracket are your typical, underclass chavs. I've heard people call the Polish and Romanians 'lazy' and 'stupid' yet they often take on jobs that these chavs wouldn't agree to.

ReputationRep:
    The irony is that, its mainly the "lower class" (hate saying this for the social heirarchy seems non existant) but basically you know those kind of people who lets say are uneducated, they are the "lazy ones". Upper class white people are actually PROTESTING for the social security for refugees, despite SOME ( a minorty) refugee cause trouble. Therefore I dont see how white people are lazy or whatever, integrity is a such component in england and im really happy for that being an asian afghan

ReputationRep:

How does one xenophocially make love?

(Original post by Ekervul)
    It's a lot more complicated than whether white people are lazy or not.

People living in African countries didn't necessarily have to find ways of advancing scientifically and harnessing energy when their daylight hours were 20% more than in Europe, and their average temperature was 10c higher. Not to mention a much wider variety of flora and fauna, from which you're more likely to get a fully nutritional diet.
    Most scientific advances don't stem from necessity

I think you'll find that in the West, we don't really need any more scientific advances to improve our lives (save perhaps carbon-capture or geoengineering techniques), but scientific advances are happening faster than ever.

In fact, that is one of the most ridiculous arguments I have heard - "Africa is less developed because it is more hospitable"

Throw a couple of world wars at a country and they're likely to advance socially, culturally, and technologically, quite a bit.
    Even before WWI, Europe was WAY more advanced than Africa

Years and years of oppression and slavery is likely to slow down your 'advancement' a little, too.
    Europe was also attacked by Arab slave traders, for 'years and years'

ReputationRep:
    How long are people going to try make the west feel guilty about empires when pretty much every civilisation tried to have an empire throughout history. The West was the most recent but the Arab slave trade lasted over 1000 years where the men took concubines and castrated male slaves, the Arabs got all the way to Spain until the west pushed back. Why do people make out only the west has done evil things took slaves etc every country has done shameful things.

ReputationRep:
    ...why are White countries so advanced?

Context: I see loads of people saying that the refugees are mainly well-educated doctors, engineers and scientists and that White people are just jealous or scared of losing out in terms of jobs compared with these oh so superior migrants. If this is true, why isn't the UK a third world war zone?
    Its a shame we cant promote suicide on TSR. This would be a very fitting time to.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    White people are not lazy nor stupid. It is just a stereotype. Don't take it too seriously or to the heart.

ReputationRep:
    If this is true, why are countries such as Sweden, Germany and Norway more advanced than North African and Gulf states?
    And dat dere Swiss colonialism and slavery we keep hearing about.

ReputationRep:
    advanced in what way? If you are talking about culturally, well Muslim History is rich with an intellectual tradition, they had their own golden age of science and academics when Europe was in a dark period.. this is not restricted to the Middle East but African countries such as Mali. If you mean by infrastructure, gulf countries are pretty well built (because of said slave labour).
    Yeah when was this "golden age"? Nicking Ancient Greek knowledge is all well and good but how about recently?

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 85
Size:  64.3 KB

Also you talked before in this thread about slavery being a reason for the advancement of European societies. Like the Ottomans and the Arabs didn't engage in some of the biggest slave trades in human history. They were both probably even worse than the Americans were. If you disagree, I'd suggest either reading a book or dropping the crack pipe.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.