Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Saudi Youtubers make a video encouraging the killing of gay people. Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Emperor Trajan)
    Whilst I agree with this, (since you seem to know what "extreme Islam" is) Could you perhaps answer my question? Could you tell me what's "Extreme Islam" and what's "True Islam?
    Well no, I can't. Because you just made those terms up and gave them capital letters.

The Muslim world seems to be constantly misunderstanding their religion. What is Islam's position on homosexuality and intimate homosexual relationships?
    Like Christianity, Islam has many branches that say different things. You would have to look them up. For example the Catholic Church has decreed homosexual acts to be a sin, I don't know what other branches say.

Oh, by the way, "Harvard references"? Seems like you're looking for excuses to dismiss my post.
    No, I was just lightly mking fun of such a long winded reply to my casual comment. I'll save my research for my actual job.

I referenced a credible news article and a reputable and popular Islamic cite, that sets out its position on homosexuality and on intimate homosexuals, with references to the Quran, Hadith, and the viewpoints of members of the Sahaabah and scholars. Can you counter them, with references to Islamic scripture?
    Ha, no thanks.

ReputationRep:
    Saudi isn't as extreme as everyone makes it out to be tbh. In parts the Sharia law isnt practised properly (women dont have to wear the Hijab in some cities).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by offhegoes)
    Yes, Saudi Arabia is an extreme country.

Let's just remember that there are many Muslim countries around the world that aren't like Saudi Arabia.
    Um no there are not. Turkey is probably the most sane muslim country and they are hardly pro gay :')

I think you mean there are countries with muslims in that are not like Saudi Arabia

ReputationRep:
    I think context is needed. It seems to be a comedy channel. But I don't know what they are saying.

ReputationRep:
    Well no, I can't. Because you just made those terms up and gave them capital letters.
    You alluded to "Extreme Islam", when you were talking about countries that practice an "extreme form of Islam". I'm sure you recall that.

So a third time, Could you perhaps answer my question? Could you tell me what's "Extreme Islam" and what's "True Islam"? The Muslim world seems to be constantly misunderstanding their "perfect" religion. What is Islam's position on homosexuality and intimate homosexual relationships?

I'll understand if you claim you don't know, (most muslims seem to be in conflict, on what "true Islam" is)

Like Christianity, Islam has many branches that say different things. You would have to look them up.
    I'm always told by Muslims, that Islam is "perfect" and "clear", but yeah, there seems to quite a number of different interpretations in conflict.

Ha, no thanks.
    Okay.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by slg60)
    Um no there are not. Turkey is probably the most sane muslim country and they are hardly pro gay :'

I think you mean there are countries with muslims in that are not like Saudi Arabia
    Is Turkey like Saudi Arabia? No. I don't see what you're trying to say?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mkap)
    Saudi isn't as extreme as everyone makes it out to be tbh. In parts the Sharia law isnt practised properly (women dont have to wear the Hijab in some cities).
    Sure it isn't. They must all be lying.

ReputationRep:
    Is Turkey like Saudi Arabia? No. I don't see what you're trying to say?
    I'm trying to what I said. Read the post again.

I said that out of the muslim counties turkey is the most sane. And that turkey is not pro-homosexuality.

ReputationRep:
    Those tweets are sickening.

ReputationRep:
    You alluded to "Extreme Islam", when you were talking about countries that practice an "extreme form of Islam". I'm sure you recall that.

So a third time, Could you perhaps answer my question? Could you tell me what's "Extreme Islam" and what's "True Islam"?The Muslim world seems to be constantly misunderstanding their religion. What is Islam's position on homosexuality and intimate homosexual relationships?

I'll understand if you claim you don't know, (most muslims seem to be in conflict, on what "true Islam" is)
    If I say someone's reaction to a cat video is a little extreme, I'm not alluding the the existance of such defined things as an Extreme Reaction and a Normal Reaction.

You're asking an unanswerable, ill-defined question and not even listening to my responses I do try to offer.

Islam does not have one unified stance on homosexuality, in the same way the Christianity doesn't either.

I'm always told by Muslims, that Islam is "perfect" and "clear", but yeah, there seems to quite a number of different interpretations in conflict.
    Yes there are, maybe you've read about a few little scuffles between different branches of Muslim?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by slg60)
    I'm trying to what I said. Read the post again.

I said that out of the muslim counties turkey is the most sane. And that turkey is not pro-homosexuality.
    I've read it a few times, still don't understand, perhaps if you could expand?

I never said what other countries' views on homosexuality were. I said Saudi Arabia is an extreme example of laws on homosexuality when compared to most other Muslim countries.

Do you disagree with that?

ReputationRep:
    The original video was taken down to protest from a Saudi Arabian rights group.

ReputationRep:
    Unless you've actually lived here, you don't really know do you?

ReputationRep:
    I've read it a few times, still don't understand, perhaps if you could expand?

I never said what other countries' views on homosexuality were. I said Saudi Arabia is an extreme example of laws on homosexuality when compared to most other Muslim countries.

Do you disagree with that?
    Yes I do disagree. The majority of muslim states are incredibly barbaric, is probably the most extreme. But the way you phrased it made it sound like all the others were not extreme. When in actuality they are only slightly less disgusting.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by slg60)
    Yes I do disagree. The majority of muslim states are incredibly barbaric, is probably the most extreme. But the way you phrased it made it sound like all the others were not extreme. When in actuality they are only slightly less disgusting.
    Ah sorry, I get what you are saying now. I mean, I think you're know very little of what you're talking about, but I understand where you're coming from.

ReputationRep:
    If I say someone's reaction to a cat video is a little extreme, I'm not alluding the the existance of such defined things as an Extreme Reaction and a Normal Reaction.

You're asking an unanswerable, ill-defined question and not even listening to my responses I do try to offer.
    So you don't know what "True Islam" is, to know what an "extreme form of Islam" is. Nice to clear that up.

Islam does not have one unified stance on homosexuality, in the same way the Christianity doesn't either.
    I sure do wish Islam was a "perfect" and "clear" religion. To many interpretations in conflict, some leading to inflict violence on others.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mkap)
    Unless you've actually lived here, you don't really know do you?
    So they are lying then?

ReputationRep:
    So you don't know what "True Islam" is, to know what an "extreme form of Islam" is. Nice to clear that up.
    I don't know what True Christianity is either, but I know that shooting up abortion clinics would be an example of extreme Christian beliefs. I know that Buddhist monks in Burma slaughtering Muslim men, women and children is an extreme form of Buddhism.

I sure do wish Islam was a "perfect" and "clear" religion. To many interpretations in conflict, some leading to inflict violence on others.
    Yes, not like all those other peaceful world religions...

ReputationRep:
    How are they saying gays are worse than a group who condone rape and the killing of children during Ramadan?

Wtf is wrong with them? Saudi have similar views to Daesh but we call them allies.

ReputationRep:
    Ah sorry, I get what you are saying now. I mean, I think you're know very little of what you're talking about, but I understand where you're coming from.
    I think you are living in a fools paradise. Countries which are Islamic are not nice places. Their backwards religion breeds backwards people and backwards legislation. They are violent and cruel, and denying that Islam is the problem is incredibly foolish.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    How are your GCSEs going so far?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.