Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Saudi Youtubers make a video encouraging the killing of gay people. Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by offhegoes)
    Yes, Saudi Arabia is an extreme country.

Let's just remember that there are many Muslim countries around the world that aren't like Saudi Arabia.
    but there are not many muslims not like the muslims in saudi arabia

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DiddyDec)
    I think context is needed. It seems to be a comedy channel. But I don't know what they are saying.

It's a song about chicken and rice 0_0

ReputationRep:
    I don't know what True Christianity is either, but I know that shooting up abortion clinics would be an example of extreme Christian beliefs. I know that Buddhist monks in Burma slaughtering Muslim men, women and children is an extreme form of Buddhism.
    I never asked for your thoughts on what "true Christianity" is. I asked for your thoughts on what "true Islam" is, to know what an "extreme form of Islam" is. Given that you've mentioned that Saudi Arabia is an "extreme country", relating to it's discriminatory laws against homosexuality and intimate homosexuals, which unfortunately seems to be justified by Islamic scripture.

Yes, not like all those other peaceful world religions...
    Ah, but from a Muslim apologist stance, Islam is not like those other religions. Islam is the true religion, that is "perfect, clear and (the popular claim) religion of peace", yet violence seems to occur, with some Muslims justifying this with Islamic scripture.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by z33)
    It's a song about chicken and rice 0_0
    It is a good song nonetheless.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by slg60)
    I think you are living in a fools paradise. Countries which are Islamic are not nice places. Their backwards religion breeds backwards people and backwards legislation. They are violent and cruel, and denying that Islam is the problem is incredibly foolish.
    as someone born and lived in an islamic country. i agree with what you said wholeheartedly.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HucktheForde)
    but there are not many muslims not like the muslims in saudi arabia
    Well that's just plain wrong.

ReputationRep:
    It is a good song nonetheless.
    you think so :rofl: ?

ReputationRep:
    Well that's just plain wrong.
    if you live in the UK you cannot claim to know about muslims around the world.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by z33)
    you think so :rofl: ?
    It has got a great beat to it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mkap)
    Unless you've actually lived here, you don't really know do you?
    That's a fallacy. You don't need to live there, to know what the country's law, society and culture entails.

ReputationRep:
    It has got a great beat to it.
    I prefer

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by the bear)
    i think those guys were "joking around" ?
    I would like to think that maybe they were satirising the extreme views many people harbour towards homosexuality. I imagine in a society where views towards homosexuality were negative, it would be a lot more difficult to make a film defending homosexuality than to make one satirising negative opinions towards homosexuality. Maybe with the aim of helping to bring the discussion of homosexuality to the forefront.

(Original post by mkap)
    Saudi isn't as extreme as everyone makes it out to be tbh. In parts the Sharia law isnt practised properly (women dont have to wear the Hijab in some cities).
    Would you say the Saudi film Wadjda gives an accurate portrayal of life in Saudi Arabia?

(Original post by al_94)
    This is just Internet talk
    But you have no qualms with the views expressed in the video?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Emperor Trajan)
    I never asked for your thoughts on what "true Christianity" is. I asked for your thoughts on what "true Islam" is, to know what an "extreme form of Islam" is. Given you've mentioned that Saudu Arabia is an "extreme country", relating to it's discriminatory laws against homosexuality and intimate homosexuals, which unfortunately seems to be justified by Islamic scripture.
    If is entirely reasonable to identify "extreme" values without being able to clearly pinpoint a "normal" value. That is a statistical reality.

Let's approach this another way - if you were instructed to go live in a Muslim-majority country, which would you go to, and why?

Ah, but from a Muslim apologist stance, Islam is not like those other religions. Islam is the true religion, that is "perfect, clear and (the popular claim) religion of peace", yet violence seems to occur, with some Muslims referencing Islamic scripture.
    I have to ask at this point, am I debating with a real person or an AI which only has access to anti-Muslim rhetoric? Was there a question, or even a point, in there somewhere?

ReputationRep:
    if you live in the UK you cannot claim to know about muslims around the world.
    Oh sorry, I forgot that you have spent extensive time in Saudi Arabia and a broad range of other Muslim countries.

ReputationRep:
    Oh sorry, I forgot that you have spent extensive time in Saudi Arabia and a broad range of other Muslim countries.
    Was born and raised and still living in one.

ReputationRep:
    He did grow up in a muslim country...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by z33)
    I prefer
    It is good but there is always better.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by slg60)
    He did grow up in a muslim country...
    Was born and raised and still living in one.
    Oh great! So he is qualified to talk about life in that one country.

This is, of course, utter nonsense to highlight the idiocy of only allowing people who have lived somewhere to have valid opinions on it. Otherwise historians may as well all just call it quits.

ReputationRep:
    If is entirely reasonable to identify "extreme" values without being able to clearly pinpoint a "normal" value. That is a statistical reality.

Let's approach this another way - if you were instructed to go live in a Muslim-majority country, which would you go to, and why?
    Perhaps you can answer my question. What is "true Islam"? and what is an "extreme form of Islam". Look, I'll accept, if you don't know.

But you're not in much of a position of calling Saudi Arabia an "Extreme country" (Alluding to the "Extreme form of Islam" practice there) If you don't know what "true Islam" or "extreme Islam" is.

I have to ask at this point, am I debating with a real person or an AI which only has access to anti-Muslim rhetoric? Was there a question, or even a point, in there somewhere?
    Anti-Muslim rhetoric? I merely started a thread exposing homophobic Saudi Muslims calling for the execution of homosexuals? If you believe I'm wasting your time and you wish to retreat from this thread, please do so.

ReputationRep:
    Oh great! So he is qualified to talk about life in that one country.

This is, of course, utter nonsense to highlight the idiocy of only allowing people who have lived somewhere to have valid opinions on it. Otherwise historians may as well all just call it quits.
    okay, now, someone who haven't lived extensively in one country is more than qualified than someone who has to comment on it.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Break up or unrequited love?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.