Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    fair play to the cheater, although i wouldnt be so stupid as to post the questions on a public forum.

If i had the answers i would work them out on my own, making sure nobody benefits from what i know

ReputationRep:
    this forum is a PRIVILEGE NOT A RIGHT, the media wont do jack, if they want to take it down, they'll take it down, of it the owner of this website feels inclined to do it, then he'll do it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by friday13th)
    fair play to the cheater, although i wouldnt be so stupid as to post the questions on a public forum.

If i had the answers i would work them out on my own, making sure nobody benefits from what i know
    he doesnt know how to work them out on his own - going on ukl to ask is one of the best ways as long as he uses a computer that wont trace him back

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DazzYaa005)
    i disagree, at the end of the day this is just a discussion board thats busy 70 % of the time; edexcel have the power to remove this if they want
    They don't actually have the power to remove this website. For sure - they can instigate a chain of events which may well lead to its closure i.e. completely anal press reports, a police investigation etc. but they cannot directly close it.

ReputationRep:
    i really dont think that edexcel can fail people for seeing questions that appear anywhere in the exam if they did so unwittingly. in the P5 exam i sat at the same time i was asked to prove arccoshx = ln(x + (1-x^2)^1/2), that proof is in most of the maths text books i own and if i happened to read one before the exam they couldn't fail me.
    i dont see how this situation could be treated any different.

ReputationRep:
    it is completely different though, pete2004 posted several of the questions from the paper, and they were not proof.

ReputationRep:
    Of course its different for one it wouldn't lead to an article in the guardian and the possible voiding of grades!!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ainsworth)
    i really dont think that edexcel can fail people for seeing questions that appear anywhere in the exam if they did so unwittingly. in the P5 exam i sat at the same time i was asked to prove arccoshx = ln(x + (1-x^2)^1/2), that proof is in most of the maths text books i own and if i happened to read one before the exam they couldn't fail me.
    i dont see how this situation could be treated any different.
    No offence to you, but this is getting somewhat tedious.

Yes - we all know that the people involved in this incident were not deliberately cheating at all (apart from one imbecile by the name of Pete2004) - but they had an unfair advantage and that cannot be disputed.

We should really leave this now, because I'm sure it will die down and nothing will become of the innocent P2-ers here on UKL.

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know if 'Wise Man' has been banned???????????

ReputationRep:
    I have been speaking to a friend who claims to have met somebody in the library who was offered this paper by a 'friend'. I am fairly certain that this isn't just an isolated issue.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SAM*)
    Of course its different for one it wouldn't lead to an article in the guardian and the possible voiding of grades!!!!
    can u seriously actually c edexcel voiding grades?

ReputationRep:
    yeh, i agree completely that cheating has gone on, on the part of pete2004 alone though, and proof is no different really to the processes you go through in answering a normal questions.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mobbdeeprob)
    No offence to you, but this is getting somewhat tedious.

Yes - we all know that the people involved in this incident were not deliberately cheating at all (apart from one imbecile by the name of Pete2004) - but they had an unfair advantage and that cannot be disputed.

We should really leave this now, because I'm sure it will die down and nothing will become of the innocent P2-ers here on UKL.
    I agree we should really drop this afterall in the eyes of the media and edexcel what a few students rant and rave about is not really going to have any impact! Just give it up now!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lgs98jonee)
    can u seriously actually c edexcel voiding grades?
    The situation is mutually damaging to both parties concerned, forumites and Edexcel. Edexcel voiding grades would undoubtedly be a Pyrrhic victory - and it would create more problems than it solved.
    Nobody will be talking about this in 3 weeks time.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ainsworth)
    yeh, i agree completely that cheating has gone on, on the part of pete2004 alone though, and proof is no different really to the processes you go through in answering a normal questions.
    look right he had 5 out of the 8 EXACT questions which a large number of people saw! whether their classed as 'cheaters' shouldn't even be debated, thats ridiculous and remember its not upto us to decide anyway!

ReputationRep:
    Has "Wise Man" been banned??????????/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mobbdeeprob)
    Nobody will be talking about this in 3 weeks time.
    exactly so lets get a head start!

ReputationRep:
    sum1 close this thread pls...no more p2 discussions pls every1!!!!!!

Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: June 22, 2004

University open days

1. University of Cambridge
    Christ's College Undergraduate
    Wed, 26 Sep '18
  2. Norwich University of the Arts
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Fri, 28 Sep '18
  3. Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 29 Sep '18
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources

Make your revision easier

Maths

Maths Forum posting guidelines

Not sure where to post? Read the updated guidelines here

Equations

How to use LaTex

Writing equations the easy way

Student revising

Study habits of A* students

Top tips from students who have already aced their exams

Study Planner

Create your own Study Planner

Never miss a deadline again

Polling station sign

Thinking about a maths degree?

Chat with other maths applicants

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.