This discussion is closed.
friday13th
Badges: 0
Report 16 years ago
fair play to the cheater, although i wouldnt be so stupid as to post the questions on a public forum.

If i had the answers i would work them out on my own, making sure nobody benefits from what i know
DazzYaa005
Report 16 years ago
this forum is a PRIVILEGE NOT A RIGHT, the media wont do jack, if they want to take it down, they'll take it down, of it the owner of this website feels inclined to do it, then he'll do it
TheWolf
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by friday13th)
fair play to the cheater, although i wouldnt be so stupid as to post the questions on a public forum.

If i had the answers i would work them out on my own, making sure nobody benefits from what i know
he doesnt know how to work them out on his own - going on ukl to ask is one of the best ways as long as he uses a computer that wont trace him back
mobbdeeprob
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by DazzYaa005)
i disagree, at the end of the day this is just a discussion board thats busy 70 % of the time; edexcel have the power to remove this if they want
They don't actually have the power to remove this website. For sure - they can instigate a chain of events which may well lead to its closure i.e. completely anal press reports, a police investigation etc. but they cannot directly close it.
ainsworth
Report 16 years ago
i really dont think that edexcel can fail people for seeing questions that appear anywhere in the exam if they did so unwittingly. in the P5 exam i sat at the same time i was asked to prove arccoshx = ln(x + (1-x^2)^1/2), that proof is in most of the maths text books i own and if i happened to read one before the exam they couldn't fail me.
i dont see how this situation could be treated any different.
annaholden
Report 16 years ago
it is completely different though, pete2004 posted several of the questions from the paper, and they were not proof.
SAM*
Report 16 years ago
Of course its different for one it wouldn't lead to an article in the guardian and the possible voiding of grades!!!!
mobbdeeprob
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by ainsworth)
i really dont think that edexcel can fail people for seeing questions that appear anywhere in the exam if they did so unwittingly. in the P5 exam i sat at the same time i was asked to prove arccoshx = ln(x + (1-x^2)^1/2), that proof is in most of the maths text books i own and if i happened to read one before the exam they couldn't fail me.
i dont see how this situation could be treated any different.
No offence to you, but this is getting somewhat tedious.

Yes - we all know that the people involved in this incident were not deliberately cheating at all (apart from one imbecile by the name of Pete2004) - but they had an unfair advantage and that cannot be disputed.

We should really leave this now, because I'm sure it will die down and nothing will become of the innocent P2-ers here on UKL.
Machine
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Does anyone know if 'Wise Man' has been banned???????????
Ralfskini
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I have been speaking to a friend who claims to have met somebody in the library who was offered this paper by a 'friend'. I am fairly certain that this isn't just an isolated issue.
lgs98jonee
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by SAM*)
Of course its different for one it wouldn't lead to an article in the guardian and the possible voiding of grades!!!!
can u seriously actually c edexcel voiding grades?
ainsworth
Report 16 years ago
yeh, i agree completely that cheating has gone on, on the part of pete2004 alone though, and proof is no different really to the processes you go through in answering a normal questions.
SAM*
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by mobbdeeprob)
No offence to you, but this is getting somewhat tedious.

Yes - we all know that the people involved in this incident were not deliberately cheating at all (apart from one imbecile by the name of Pete2004) - but they had an unfair advantage and that cannot be disputed.

We should really leave this now, because I'm sure it will die down and nothing will become of the innocent P2-ers here on UKL.
I agree we should really drop this afterall in the eyes of the media and edexcel what a few students rant and rave about is not really going to have any impact! Just give it up now!
mobbdeeprob
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by lgs98jonee)
can u seriously actually c edexcel voiding grades?
The situation is mutually damaging to both parties concerned, forumites and Edexcel. Edexcel voiding grades would undoubtedly be a Pyrrhic victory - and it would create more problems than it solved.
Nobody will be talking about this in 3 weeks time.
SAM*
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by ainsworth)
yeh, i agree completely that cheating has gone on, on the part of pete2004 alone though, and proof is no different really to the processes you go through in answering a normal questions.
look right he had 5 out of the 8 EXACT questions which a large number of people saw! whether their classed as 'cheaters' shouldn't even be debated, thats ridiculous and remember its not upto us to decide anyway!
Machine
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Has "Wise Man" been banned??????????/
SAM*
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by mobbdeeprob)
Nobody will be talking about this in 3 weeks time.
exactly so lets get a head start!
lgs98jonee
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
sum1 close this thread pls...no more p2 discussions pls every1!!!!!!
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How do you feel about your grades? Are they...

What I expected (124)
24.9%
Better than expected (102)
20.48%
Worse than expected (272)
54.62%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise