Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Ok Now about this Pete2004 person:

its obvious he got the questions from some one right! i mean IF he was a teacher or smthn he wouldnt be asking for help would he??? No what they should really be looking into is how this Pete2004 got the questions in the 1st place,

i mean really, Let SUPPOSE You had the question, and KNEW they were gonna show up on the exam wouldnt you have asked for help??? So, " and no im trying to clean up pete's name, he is a fuilthy SOB" he is not to blame, supposeing he is a student,

SO EDEXCEL, you getting this, get your heads out of ur asses and do whats right!

STUPID ****S!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by female_engineer)
    They have his posts as proof, with the precise date and time that they were posted.

that isn't enough!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! believe me that isn't enough!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DazzYaa711)
    isnt enoguh my ass,!! :mad:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DazzYaa711)
    if that guy isnt half stupid, it would be near impossible for edexcel to track him down

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IntegralAnomaly)
    i actually helped this pete guy on one of the qu's he posted,maybe they will start blaming me iswell!!!
    They already are blaming you, read the article

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheWolf)
    if that guy isnt half stupid, it would be near impossible for edexcel to track him down

Exactly, and THEY know it too, so who gets screwed?well its quite obvoius!

ReputationRep:
    If false reports like this continue to circulate then I fear it could be curtains for UKL.

I am going to get the printed Guardian in a few minutes and, believe me, if Polly Curtis or any of her cronies have decided to get economic with the truth again - I will write a damaging letter and make sure that it appears in the editorial.

ReputationRep:
    "Our main concern is to ensure the integrity of examinations and to reassure those who genuinely worked hard for their grade that cheaters will be caught. Our IT department will trace them through the ISPs and they will be disqualified."

THEM? Who exactly are they planning on disqualifying?

ReputationRep:
    Well, the comments made by the Guardian are libelous. Is there an e-mail address at the education.gauradian.co.uk website we can complain to so they alter their story to correctly describe the events and issue an appology to the website?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mobbdeeprob)
    If false reports like this continue to circulate then I fear it could be curtains for UKL.

I am going to get the printed Guardian in a few minutes and, believe me, if Polly Curtis or any of her cronies have decided to get economic with the truth again - I will write a damaging letter and make sure that it appears in the editorial.
    Agreed, but it's mainly Edexcel who you should be targeting. Edexcel told the Guardian several lies to cover themselves..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by imasillynarb)
    They already are blaming you, read the article
    'Several students helped Pete2004 work through the questions believing them to be for revision,these students will be punished and imprisioned.'
    :eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by imasillynarb)
    "Our main concern is to ensure the integrity of examinations and to reassure those who genuinely worked hard for their grade that cheaters will be caught. Our IT department will trace them through the ISPs and they will be disqualified."

THEM? Who exactly are they planning on disqualifying?
    Indeed, I was thinking that when I first read the thing and when you factor in:

"We have identified the source and alerted the police. This is an ongoing investigation. Being in possession of a stolen paper is a criminal act," said the spokeswoman.

Does simply viewing the exam questions prior to the exam and having access to them (whether wittingly or unwittingly), even in virtual format, constitute possession?

ReputationRep:
    'Several students helped Pete2004 work through the questions believing them to be for revision,these students will be punished and imprisioned.'

Where Did it say that?????

ReputationRep:

where did you get that from?

love Katy ***

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ickle_katy)
    where did you get that from?

love Katy ***
    i just twisted the story a little just like the media (sorry if i scared anyone!)

ReputationRep:

"We have identified the source and alerted the police. This is an ongoing investigation. Being in possession of a stolen paper is a criminal act," said the spokeswoman.

Does simply viewing the exam questions prior to the exam and having access to them (whether wittingly or unwittingly), even in virtual format, constitute possession?
    We are dealing with Edexcel here, and Logic says NO.....So yes!

ReputationRep:

It does sound to me from that article that people who helped him will be disqualified as well...thats just the impression I got. Which would just be ****ing brilliant wouldnt it?

Welllllll doneeeeeee everyone

ReputationRep:

its not in the printed vversion.

love Katy ***

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by meepmeep)
    Well, the comments made by the Guardian are libelous. Is there an e-mail address at the education.gauradian.co.uk website we can complain to so they alter their story to correctly describe the events and issue an appology to the website?
    i luked bt cant find anyfing!

ReputationRep:
    huh? where did you get that from? i really wouldnt worry - everyone on ukl helps each other with questions for forthcoming exams all the time. it just so happens that these questions were from a paper, but you didnt know that!!

Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: June 22, 2004

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    All Departments Open 13:00-17:00. Find out more about our diverse range of subject areas and career progression in the Arts & Humanities, Social Sciences, Medicine & Health Sciences, and the Sciences. Postgraduate
    Wed, 30 Jan '19
  • Solent University
    Careers in maritime Undergraduate
    Sat, 2 Feb '19
  • Sheffield Hallam University
    City and Collegiate Campus Undergraduate
    Sun, 3 Feb '19
Poll
Do you have a role model?
Useful resources

Make your revision easier

Maths

Maths Forum posting guidelines

Not sure where to post? Read the updated guidelines here

Equations

How to use LaTex

Writing equations the easy way

Equations

Best calculators for A level Maths

Tips on which model to get

Student revising

Study habits of A* students

Top tips from students who have already aced their exams

Study Planner

Create your own Study Planner

Never miss a deadline again

Polling station sign

Thinking about a maths degree?

Chat with other maths applicants

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.