Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tammypotato)
    sign KOH
    ok, what about the heading, or what do i satrt it with>? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by meepmeep)
    You will not lose your place at uni. If worst comes to worst, they could cancel your result on this module and take your predicted grade, which is what they do in exceptional circumstances anyway if somebody misses an exam in certain situations.
    aye but what about those with poor predicted grades? im sure ltos of people have worked their asses off to go from a C to an A.. like someone says it will be a major pisstake if they got their grades wiped.

and for mobbdeeprob, the advantage gained would be quite small. tbh when i got in the exam hall and had a look over the paper i recognized the question i helped with. but for a half a minute i couldnt remember what method i had said. but then i got it

so, i would imagine, since people just considered these to be simple revision questions, that they wouldve forgotten about them. nearly.

but tbh i expect nothing will happen.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KOH)
    ok, what about the heading, or what do i satrt it with>? :confused:
    start by : eek : lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by imasillynarb)
    Exactly, well done musicboy, PRICK.
    Give it a rest. It shows how innocent UKL are that people told the exam board as soon as was practically possible. You're suggesting we should have covered it up are you? This was bound to come out sooner or later, and just think of the consequences of an attempted cover-up on our part!

We acted in the best possible way, telling Edexcel as soon as we realised what had happened. We can't do more than that. Someone would have informed them sooner or later, so the sooner the better really!

We cannot tolerate cheating like this. We must do everything we can to combat it, and make sure we get these scum whenever the opportunity presents itself. This paper might have been leaked by a teacher that has been doing it for years!

I understand an awful lot of people are worried, but read the Guardian article carefully. It makes it quite clear these people were an innocent party in all of this. The only person that acted dishonestly was Pete2004 himself. They've made no mention of re-sits, cancelling exams or anything of the sort. Edexcel have made it quite clear all they are interested in is tracking down the source of the leaked paper.

ReputationRep:
    how come ure all blaming edexcel? i took p2 aswel, and this pretty messed up, but surely its the fault of the school who had exam papers taken and didnt report it, edexcel had no way of knowing they were missing.

Please, sod off. Do you think I care about whether or not UKL is closed down or not? Do I *******s. I care about whether or not my P2 marks are cancelled(if my P2 marks are cancelled so will the rest of my maths Alevel) because of some cheating prick, and some spoilt little whining cocks.
    Unless *you* were the cheater, or they have PROOF you also cheated, of course your A level will not be cancelled.

Even if you looked at those threads and posted on them, that was not your fault, so they might take your predicted grade or average your other modules, but they would *not* cancel your entire a level because of something that was not deliberate cheating.

Mod Expression - Language

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by annaholden)
    how come ure all blaming edexcel? i took p2 aswel, and this pretty messed up, but surely its the fault of the school who had exam papers taken and didnt report it, edexcel had no way of knowing they were missing.
    read the article then u will realise why we are blaming edexcel.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by annaholden)
    Because Edexcel is passing the buck

ReputationRep:
    Where from here though?

Seeing as there will be a police investigation into this matter, isn't it to be expected that the police may seek to ask questions of everybody who sat the S2 exam and posted on the thread?

This thing has blown up now, shouldn't some of you guys look to get in touch with Edexcel? Afterall, it seems as though only musicboy knows wtf is going on with this regards to this whole matter. If I were in your boots, I would want to know what is going on because it is far from a joke - IMHO (and totally not intending to sh*t people up) there is an outside chance that grades could be voided.

Stop squabbling, and those of you with the misfortune of being embroiled in this, try and find out where you stand.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by crana)
    Unless *you* were the cheater, or they have PROOF you also cheated, of course your A level will not be cancelled.

Even if you looked at those threads and posted on them, that was not your fault, so they might take your predicted grade or average your other modules, but they would *not* cancel your entire a level because of something that was not deliberate cheating.
    I think youll find theyd happily do that...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fishpaste)
    It was just some guy going "thanks for helping me." Was probably a fake.
    Oh ok, that was pretty silly of him though

ReputationRep:
    yea, so their accusing the wrong people and passing the blame around, but their not to blame for the paper being leaked any more than UKL are.

I think youll find theyd happily do that...
    Oh right?
    Do you have any kind of evidence that exam boards willy-nilly cancel ENTIRE A LEVELS of people when there is NO PROOF that they cheated?

I am beginning to think you were actually involved in the cheating.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by crana)
    Oh right?
    Do you have any kind of evidence that exam boards willy-nilly cancel ENTIRE A LEVELS of people when there is NO PROOF that they cheated?

Nice conclusion youve come up with there, please grow up.

What evidence do you have that they wont cancel peoples A levels?

You seem to forget that the article has landed the blame firmly on UKL/the people who helped him

ReputationRep:

You seem to forget that the article has landed the blame firmly on UKL/the people who helped him

****!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by crana)
    Oh right?

What do mean by proof?
    Someone can be 'suspected' of cheating, the board informed, and their grades cancelled. Edexcel are king in this game - they can enforce decisions merely on suspicion.

ReputationRep:
    I believe Edexcel can be blamed not only for passing the buck. I mentioned this earlier but a quick search on any news website shows they are by far the king of ****-ups. A large number of their exams have been leaked in recent years and time after time they appear to have done nothing about it.

To be honest I think Edexcel will quite happily do the same thing again: take no real action. I'll be surprised if they find who was behind it and I think they know they won't. Cancelling exam results for anyone is too much hastle and unwanted attention in their eyes.

The article is not an official statement from Edexcel.

Everything I can find e.g.

http://www.edexcel.org.uk/VirtualContent/30896.pdf

has no mention of innocent people's A-levels being cancelled, only of cheats with evidence proving they cheated.

I honestly cannot imagine that they would cancel your entire A-level if there was no hint that you were involved in any kind of wrongdoing. Why would they? If there was no evidence you cheated, yet you were singled out to have your paper cancelled, I think you would have a strong case to sue them!

As I think I said, the most they would probably do e.g. if you had seen all the questions that WERE posted, is possibly to ignore your p2 mark and average out your other modules.

ReputationRep:
    u guys better watch out wat u say about edexcel... they can seriously screw over everyone if they want to... it is true that ppl did gain an unfair advantage even though it wasn't their fault. they could very possibly give the predicted grade given by teachers which would kinda suck for loads of ppl who underperform during the course...

and wats up with ukl haha! its being flooded by loads of ppl trying to access this site. server is busy like 24/7!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kikzen)

and for mobbdeeprob, the advantage gained would be quite small. tbh when i got in the exam hall and had a look over the paper i recognized the question i helped with. but for a half a minute i couldnt remember what method i had said. but then i got it
    I totally believe you, afterall it is not the fault of you guys. However, for a scrawny exam board bureaucrat sitting in Edexcel's London HQ, and getting more pissed off by the minute - I think he will adopt a less than favourable take on matters.

£400 goes missing from a cash register in a shop, an employee is found to have put their hand in the till. However, they say they only took £50 - do you not think that the shopowner would have every right to assume that they stole the full £400? Edexcel can only assume that anybody with access to the questions (whether wittingly or unwittingly) has used them and, seeing as they cannot quantify to what extent/effect, they have to assume to full extent/effect.

Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: June 22, 2004
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources

Make your revision easier

Maths

Maths Forum posting guidelines

Not sure where to post? Read the updated guidelines here

Equations

How to use LaTex

Writing equations the easy way

Student revising

Study habits of A* students

Top tips from students who have already aced their exams

Study Planner

Create your own Study Planner

Never miss a deadline again

Polling station sign

Thinking about a maths degree?

Chat with other maths applicants

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.