hasfaz
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
6. The racehorse Dream Alliance won the 2009 Welsh Grand National after stem cell treatment to a badly injured tendon in his leg.

b) Horses and other animals have been having successful stem cell treatment for tendon injuries
for around 10 years. People also suffer from tendon injuries but human trials are still in the relatively early stages. Suggest reasons why human treatments are so far behind those used by vets.
Pls Mods Im Nice
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by hasfaz)
6. The racehorse Dream Alliance won the 2009 Welsh Grand National after stem cell treatment to a badly injured tendon in his leg.

b) Horses and other animals have been having successful stem cell treatment for tendon injuries
for around 10 years. People also suffer from tendon injuries but human trials are still in the relatively early stages. Suggest reasons why human treatments are so far behind those used by vets.
There are a lot of ethical concerns when it comes to trials with humans, also the retrieval of stem cells for animals isn't really argued. For example: Humans do not believe that using the cells of an aborted baby or a dead baby is morally right in some cases. However the fact that humans regard ourselves as more important than animals, not many arguments are against the use of animal stem cells as it's not like the animals can consent for them.

The method of trialling humans is much more complicated as it is for humans because, again, we regard ourselves as higher classed beings and so for humans; animals are trialled first and then humans, whereas with animals they can just jump straight to their trialling.
hasfaz
Rep:
?
(Original post by Pls Mods Im Nice)
There are a lot of ethical concerns when it comes to trials with humans, also the retrieval of stem cells for animals isn't really argued. For example: Humans do not believe that using the cells of an aborted baby or a dead baby is morally right in some cases. However the fact that humans regard ourselves as more important than animals, not many arguments are against the use of animal stem cells as it's not like the animals can consent for them.

The method of trialling humans is much more complicated as it is for humans because, again, we regard ourselves as higher classed beings and so for humans; animals are trialled first and then humans, whereas with animals they can just jump straight to their trialling.
Thank you!! sorry to ask but can you help with this as well;
4. Plants have stem cells just as animalsdo.
c) Suggestthree examples of the use of plant stem cells to produce plant clones. For eachexplain the advantages of using cloning from stem cells over normal plantreproduction.
Adzkii786
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by hasfaz)
Thank you!! sorry to ask but can you help with this as well;
4. Plants have stem cells just as animalsdo.
c) Suggestthree examples of the use of plant stem cells to produce plant clones. For eachexplain the advantages of using cloning from stem cells over normal plantreproduction.
Tissue Culture - piece of plants cut and given hormones etc. and no harm is givent to parent plant
hasfaz
Rep:
?
(Original post by Adzkii786)
Tissue Culture - piece of plants cut and given hormones etc. and no harm is givent to parent plant
thank you!!!!!!!!!!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (579)
34.26%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (696)
41.18%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (338)
20%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (77)
4.56%

Watched Threads