Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey,

Just wanted to start a thread on MA courses for Acting at drama school. I've already auditioned at 3 schools already and been offered a place at East 15! and have a second audition at Lamda in April. However I want to apply for a few more schools and I know I'm a little late in applying now so wondered what schools people would recommend auditioning for, for one year post grad courses? All their websites say fairly similar things in relation to their course content so I'm interested to hear about different schools general reputations and peoples experiences?

Most things I read online are about BA's at drama school so thought I may as well start a thread specifically for MA!

xx

ReputationRep:
    Hi! I'm so glad I've discovered this thread- thanks for starting it! I have my audition for Central (MA Screen Acting) at the end of February and am bricking it!

I trained on the three year BA acting course at Italia Conti and it was great- but I want to get some more training under my belt , specifically for screen acting.

I'm nervous beyond belief- actually more than I was when I auditoned four years ago for the BA acting at drama schools.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alloveragain)
    Hi! I'm so glad I've discovered this thread- thanks for starting it! I have my audition for Central (MA Screen Acting) at the end of February and am bricking it!

I trained on the three year BA acting course at Italia Conti and it was great- but I want to get some more training under my belt , specifically for screen acting.

I'm nervous beyond belief- actually more than I was when I auditoned four years ago for the BA acting at drama schools.
    Hi, I have just been accepted on this course. I have so many questions about it. What is the course like?
    They have no student accommodation so where do you live?
    What sort of thing do you wear to your classes?
    What are the hours like?

I'm so excited I can't wait to start.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rosiesharpy)
    Hi, I have just been accepted on this course. I have so many questions about it. What is the course like?
    They have no student accommodation so where do you live?
    What sort of thing do you wear to your classes?
    What are the hours like?

I'm so excited I can't wait to start.
    Which course? Central or Italia Conti ? Well done on getting in!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alloveragain)
    Which course? Central or Italia Conti ? Well done on getting in!!!
    Italia cont, the 3 year degree course

ReputationRep:
    That's wicked !! It's a great course you'll love it.

ReputationRep:
    The classes you wear plain movement clothes like tracksuit bottoms or leggings, and a plain top. Doesn't have to be black. You have warmup at 9.00am everyday and must not be late as if you are you,re locked out. Classes run until 6.30/7 ish usually but sometimes later. It was the best and worst three years of my entire life. I learned so much and I'd give anything to do it all over again. You will laugh hysterically in front of 28/29 other people and cry in front of them. They see you at your best and also when you have flu because you're so tired and run down from continuous working. But it's all worth it in the end trust me. I think the Ba acting course at Italia conti definitely prepared me for life in general and not only the acting world. Any other questions fire up! Also living arrangements me and 2 others in my year stayed at home with parents and commented in each day. It worked for us but everyone else was not from London so had to rent. Usually four or five sharing one house and they all loved it bar a few !

ReputationRep:
    Anyone hear anything yet? I've been waitlisted for LAMDA's MA International program and got shortlisted in January for Bristol Old Vic's MA.

ReputationRep:
    Anyone heard anything from Royal Central RCSSD MA? or The Drama Centre? do they have a deadline like UCAS?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ausactor)
    Anyone heard anything from Royal Central RCSSD MA? or The Drama Centre? do they have a deadline like UCAS?
    I believe they have their own separate deadlines, like RADA, LAMDA, etc. since they're independent schools.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Ok thanks! So anxious to hear! Break a leg to everyone!

ReputationRep:
    Hello! I'm looking to apply for entry 2017. I've already got a BA acting degree from a University but would like some actor training. So far I've whittled it down to:

Royal Welsh MA for stage, screen and radio.
    Bristol Old Vic 2 yr foundation course.
    Central School of Speech and Drama MA Acting (contemporary)
    RADA Theatre Lab.
    Drama Centre MA Acting
    Guildford MA Acting

Does anyone know anything extra about these courses other than what they say on the websites? E.g through friends etc. Or has anyone auditioned yet? Thanks to the person who started this thread! X

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I was all set on applying to CSSD for their MA in Classical Acting nearly ten years ago, and then life got in the way and it never happened. I'm in my early thirties now...don't know if this is my midlife crisis coming early, but I regret not persuing acting more than anything else. What sort of age are the people who apply for the Masters courses? One woman on the visit day I went on was 27/28 and I reckon I still look younger now than she did then.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.