Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Please help me Watch

Announcements

I've been in a long distance relationship with the girl who i sincerely believe is the one for me. Shes my soulmate. However she lives in spain and i live in london (We're both 19). She comes on holiday to london every 2 years or so, nowhere near enough time to see each other properly. Our main motivation point was that she wanted to come to london for uni but she couldnt and she stayed in spain..... So... im really worried that our relationship isnt gonna work out. Im in med school so im stuck here for 6 years and she cant come here either. We love each other too much to break up but i honestly dont see what can happen after this. Please help me

ReputationRep:
    She's a timewaster
    • TSR Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    I'm sure I answered a thread like this earlier. With a bit more info in this one it seems like it won't work out, especially since she can only come visit every 2 years. Can you go visit her in Spain?

ReputationRep:
    You can either stay long distance and visit every once in a while like you do, that has worked out in some cases where they were 6+ years long distance. Or if it's really hurting you and you're missing each other too much, to the point that it is affecting your studies and health, it's time to move on.

(Original post by Eternalflames)
    You can either stay long distance and visit every once in a while like you do, that has worked out in some cases where they were 6+ years long distance. Or if it's really hurting you and you're missing each other too much, to the point that it is affecting your studies and health, it's time to move on.
    How do i know when its affecting my health?

ReputationRep:
    There isn't really much help anyone can offer you. You have to make the choice of either staying long-distance until a time when one of you can move to be with the other or end it now. It's something you both need to discuss at length and not something we can really help you with, sorry.

ReputationRep:
    Open relationship ftw

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    How do i know when its affecting my health?
    You feel sick as if you were actually ill from something. You notice a change that isn't normal to you. You could feel more stressed out, panic attacks, hyperventilation, tachycardia, feeling low and down in general, not having interest in things you enjoyed. A toxic relationship has it's effects on the body, since the body produces toxins because of your mental state. When I was feeling terrible from a toxic relationship I got bad skin when normally have clear skin, and I felt nauseous, not to mention the heart ache, I couldn't handle it and that's when I knew it had to end, otherwise my health and life in general would only get worse.

The key thing is noticing changes that are not normal to you.

(Original post by Eternalflames)
    You feel sick as if you were actually ill from something. You notice a change that isn't normal to you. You could feel more stressed out, panic attacks, hyperventilation, tachycardia, feeling low and down in general, not having interest in things you enjoyed. A toxic relationship has it's effects on the body, since the body produces toxins because of your mental state. When I was feeling terrible from a toxic relationship I got bad skin when normally have clear skin, and I felt nauseous, not to mention the heart ache, I couldn't handle it and that's when I knew it had to end, otherwise my health and life in general would only get worse.

The key thing is noticing changes that are not normal to you.
    Thanks for helping, i havent really had any of those symptoms yet, and i really want this to work, but only time will tell i guess i think im just gonna keep it going for now and see what the future holds

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Thanks for helping, i havent really had any of those symptoms yet, and i really want this to work, but only time will tell i guess i think im just gonna keep it going for now and see what the future holds
    What I mentioned encompasses the worst case scenario which I went through. I'm sure your relationship will be fine and you guys can get through the distance Best of luck to both of you, in your careers and your life!

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 14, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    How are your GCSEs going so far?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.