Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Do you believe everything happens for a reason? Watch

Announcements
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    I think so. Things don't just happen for no reason, there's always one or more factors that contribute to an event occurring.

I think certain things are bound to happen - even if obstacles get put in the way, they'll happen in some other way.

This is merely an opinion I've gained from what I've seen happen - why is a very interesting question I've never thought about before. :laugh: Would, "If it's meant to be, it's meant to be" be too cliche?

ReputationRep:
    I believe that people have a marvellous ability to find reason if they overthink hard enough, but things like this...

(Original post by Ishea16)
    BUT the reason why you were in the wrong place at the wrong time is because you were meant to die
    ...imply that the universe seems to have it's own purposes, which I don't believe 'cause there seems to be no endgame. No end vision.

ReputationRep:
    Here's my stance, described by Wikipedia:

"Causality (also referred to as 'causation', or 'cause and effect' is the agency or efficacy that connects one process (the cause) with another (the effect), where the first is understood to be partly responsible for the second."

It's also (partially) the reason why we can't time travel.

ReputationRep:
    Yes. Everything happens because of the result of some combination of stochastic and deterministic processes.

ReputationRep:
    No. Things just happen, nothing is meant to happen.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    How are your GCSEs going so far?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.