The Student Room Group
Manchester Metropolitan University
Manchester

primary education mmu interview

I've got my interview this Wednesday and I am struggling to choose which the best topic is to talk about?

-Is the gender of the teacher an issue for children's learning in primary schools?
- From my perspective, as a learner, what makes a good lesson is…What I would do as teacher
to incorporate these ideas into my teaching.
- As a teacher, how I would support and encourage children's learning.
-Some teachers say that there is no room for the wider curriculum of the arts and creativity, sports because of the pressure for children to achieve well in core as measured in national curriculum tests. What do you think the curriculum balance should be?
-What part should primary schools play in issues of sustainability and global warming?
- Why do you think adding modern foreign languages to the primary curriculum is a good idea?
-A current educational issue that has caught my interest.
Hi!
I had my interview for MMU a few weeks ago, I did the MFL topic because i studied Spanish AS.
My advice would be just go with what you think you can talk about best. They are interested in if you can talk in a way which they can understand and if you know what you're talking about.
What out of those topics interests you the most? Which can you relate to the most?
For some of my other interviews, I started one question/topic and then ended up changing because i found i couldn't write as much as I needed to fill the time.
Just go with what you think is best for you and is your best chance at impressing them! The women who did the talk before our group interviews for mine was the MFL teacher and then I ended up being in her group but that's not something you can predict.
Good Luck!
Manchester Metropolitan University
Manchester
Reply 2
Original post by oliviaf1234
I've got my interview this Wednesday and I am struggling to choose which the best topic is to talk about?

-Is the gender of the teacher an issue for children's learning in primary schools?
- From my perspective, as a learner, what makes a good lesson is…What I would do as teacher
to incorporate these ideas into my teaching.
- As a teacher, how I would support and encourage children's learning.
-Some teachers say that there is no room for the wider curriculum of the arts and creativity, sports because of the pressure for children to achieve well in core as measured in national curriculum tests. What do you think the curriculum balance should be?
-What part should primary schools play in issues of sustainability and global warming?
- Why do you think adding modern foreign languages to the primary curriculum is a good idea?
-A current educational issue that has caught my interest.

What did you go with?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending