The Student Room Group

I don't know what to pick, help??//advice

I am currently through the course of choosing my courses and I've got to the really hard part, Music or Food Tech. I can cook, but I can also play an instrument and I don't know what to do, does anyone have any personal experience on these subjects, if so please share how they were...
I think that what you need to consider here is which one *you* would prefer to do, and which subject you could see yourself studying and enjoying for the next two years.

I did GCSE (and A Level) Music and I loved it, however it is not an "easy option" as some people see it. If you enjoy music and are willing to put some work in, then you'll be fine! However, the exact same thing could be said for Food Tech - if you really enjoy food and cooking then that might be the right option for you!

Basically, no one else can decide for you, it has to be your decision. And even if it turns out to be the wrong one, say you take Food Tech and realise halfway through year 11 that you want to do a music degree, or vice versa, don't panic, as GCSE options rarely have an impact on career/uni choices. You have so much time to make mistakes at this point, so don't stress! :smile:

If I can help any more/you want a chat, PM me and I'll do my best to help out! x
If you want the harder one go for music , but let this be a warning it is really hard , it was a mistake I took it and I love both too , but if I had to choose , I would've chosen food tech, it's more interesting etc , music is very complicated and unless your ready to work hard on it then go for it , don't take it just because u like to play a certain instrument because u will struggle , only take it if you are sure it's what you like to do and you understand music

Quick Reply

Latest