Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

what shoes/trainers are currently trendy for everyday wear? Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I've owned my pair of black vans and white converse for many years and both are getting a bit worn/falling apart. Think its time for me to invest in another pair, i'd like something with not as flat of a base as my feet seem to hurt a lot these days. any suggestions?

edit: just to clarify, im a girl! if that makes any difference :P

edit 2: im also very short! (5'3) - thinking of venturing away from completely flat soles, iv seen people wear ones that look thicker (/flatform?) or maybe its jsut other brands im not too familiar with having only ever worn vans/converse both of which have very flat soles so not the most comfy if youre walking(/partying) a lot. oh also - iv never had a problem getting into clubs wearing either of my vans/converse, would the other brands have this problem?

maybe a pair of Nike Roshes
    they look nice imo

ReputationRep:
    I wear my black vans everywhere. They're comfy af and once they break, I just buy a new pair xD

ReputationRep:
    Was gunna say black vans, classic

Hipster stuff coming into fashion now like reebok classics n Stan smiths, I remember when reebok classics were the chavviest shoes going, gone full circle

Also Nike janoskis are nice, if you like vans you should like them

Lol @hxf I'm exactly the same, on my like 6th pair, they break so easily but worth it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Toshiber)
    Was gunna say black vans, classic

Lol @hxf I'm exactly the same, on my like 6th pair, they break so easily but worth it
    I'm on my 6th pair too lol. I own Vans, 4 pairs of heels, 2 pairs of boots and that's about it I limit myself in terms of choice.

ReputationRep:
    I see black vans/ black converses everywhere
    can never go wrong with flats...

ReputationRep:
    Brown leather shoes > all else

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alexion)
    Brown leather shoes > all else
    Classy

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hxfsxh)
    I'm on my 6th pair too lol. I own Vans, 4 pairs of heels, 2 pairs of boots and that's about it

I like your style 8-)

Think last semester I wore a single pair of vans.. I really need to switch up a bit

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Toshiber)
    I like your style 8-)

Think last semester I wore a single pair of vans.. I really need to switch up a bit
    I like your style too
    I said that last year and instead of buying black vans, I bought a pair of burgundy vans

ReputationRep:
    Classy
    Actually tbh faux leather ones with outdoor soles are more my sorta thing (look the part but are practical too )

But ye I'm a man of style (even if that style is rather outdated lol)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alexion)
    Actually tbh faux leather ones with outdoor soles are more my sorta thing (look the part but are practical too )

But ye I'm a man of style (even if that style is rather outdated lol)
    Its a pretty cool style imo xD and its slowly coming back into fashion so soon you'll be the most fashionable guy around

ReputationRep:
    Its a pretty cool style imo xD and its slowly coming back into fashion so soon you'll be the most fashionable guy around
    Woo :woo: that'd be a first :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    Spoiler:
    Show

these are the shoes I typically wear these days - they might not be the most trendy - nikes are the trendiest right now - but I still think they're amazing

ReputationRep:
    sounds like everyone replying is male! I was hoping for some girly fashion advice hah

I'm just gonna post my option again...
    Nike Roshe's perhaps

Got that slight heel you're after

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tpxvs)
    I've owned my pair of black vans and white converse for many years and both are getting a bit worn/falling apart. Think its time for me to invest in another pair, i'd like something with not as flat of a base as my feet seem to hurt a lot these days. any suggestions?

edit: just to clarify, im a girl! if that makes any difference :P

edit 2: im also very short! (5'3) - thinking of venturing away from completely flat soles, iv seen people wear ones that look thicker (/flatform?) or maybe its jsut other brands im not too familiar with having only ever worn vans/converse both of which have very flat soles so not the most comfy if youre walking(/partying) a lot. oh also - iv never had a problem getting into clubs wearing either of my vans/converse, would the other brands have this problem?
    Chelsea boots have been very popular this season with the girls as well as creepers, but converses and vans are always in though so you can't go wrong with those choices. Clubs usually don't mind what shoes you wear unless they are trainers (white)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tpxvs)
    sounds like everyone replying is male! I was hoping for some girly fashion advice hah
    I'm a girl! Though my shoe style is quite masculine xD
    Try wearing Chelsea boots or something of the like. They'll make you taller and are fashionable

ReputationRep:
    Air Max 90 <3

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mutantman52)
    Air Max 90 <3
    http://www.asos.com/Nike/Nike-Air-Max-90-Carbon-Green-Trainers/Prod/pgeproduct.aspx?iid=5413583

:love:

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 9, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.