Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

what shoes/trainers are currently trendy for everyday wear? Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tpxvs)
    I've owned my pair of black vans and white converse for many years and both are getting a bit worn/falling apart. Think its time for me to invest in another pair, i'd like something with not as flat of a base as my feet seem to hurt a lot these days. any suggestions?

edit: just to clarify, im a girl! if that makes any difference :P

edit 2: im also very short! (5'3) - thinking of venturing away from completely flat soles, iv seen people wear ones that look thicker (/flatform?) or maybe its jsut other brands im not too familiar with having only ever worn vans/converse both of which have very flat soles so not the most comfy if youre walking(/partying) a lot. oh also - iv never had a problem getting into clubs wearing either of my vans/converse, would the other brands have this problem?
    I second the vote for Chelsea/Biker boots I own 3 pairs and go with pretty much everything, I'm in love with them :love::love: & Converses are another choice which are also very cool and classic too

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hxfsxh)
    I'm a girl! Though my shoe style is quite masculine xD
    Try wearing Chelsea boots or something of the like. They'll make you taller and are fashionable
    Chelsea boots

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tpxvs)
    I've owned my pair of black vans and white converse for many years and both are getting a bit worn/falling apart. Think its time for me to invest in another pair, i'd like something with not as flat of a base as my feet seem to hurt a lot these days. any suggestions?

edit: just to clarify, im a girl! if that makes any difference :P

edit 2: im also very short! (5'3) - thinking of venturing away from completely flat soles, iv seen people wear ones that look thicker (/flatform?) or maybe its jsut other brands im not too familiar with having only ever worn vans/converse both of which have very flat soles so not the most comfy if youre walking(/partying) a lot. oh also - iv never had a problem getting into clubs wearing either of my vans/converse, would the other brands have this problem?

5'3 is average not 'very short'.

How about some high tops?

http://www.veja-store.com/en/21-felicite

ReputationRep:
    how come non of you freeze your feet off in these cold shoes

ReputationRep:
    I have a few pairs of converse too which I love. But I say switch it up with a pair of boots! The military style is popular and great for everyday wear

ReputationRep:
    Bought these for myself for christmas. They are basically Vans version of the Nike roshe, plus I haven't seen anyone else with them so they are 'unique' and slightly cheaper aswell.
    https://www.zalando.co.uk/vans-train...5b00v-q11.html

ReputationRep:
    Adidas ZX 710

http://blog.hoodboyz.de/wp-content/u...r-zx-710-4.jpg

http://media2.asphaltgold.de/media/c...black-blue.jpg

I have these, most comfortable shoes I've bought. Can probably get some for £30ish now.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 9, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.