The Student Room Group

How do you dress for Uni?

Well I am a male and I generally dress good, I've been told :smile:
I mostly own branded clothes (which I buy heavily discounted) and I always wear
shirts when I go out for example.

When I go to lectures I usually wear Jeans and a long-sleeve t-shirt/jumper or a casual shirt.
I was thinking of getting some casual suits (only upper part; jacket) and wearing it with jeans and a slightly unbuttoned shirt (without a tie of course).

However the thing is I study Maths and most people in my course care not what they wear, hence me with a shirt and jacket may be too much, it will just stand out a lot.
I know that we should all try to stand out from the crowd and be special bla bla bla, but again I'm not sure if it would be wise to dress much better than everyone else.

What do you guys think about this?
Original post by NeoXx
Well I am a male and I generally dress good, I've been told :smile:
I mostly own branded clothes (which I buy heavily discounted) and I always wear
shirts when I go out for example.

When I go to lectures I usually wear Jeans and a long-sleeve t-shirt/jumper or a casual shirt.
I was thinking of getting some casual suits (only upper part; jacket) and wearing it with jeans and a slightly unbuttoned shirt (without a tie of course).

However the thing is I study Maths and most people in my course care not what they wear, hence me with a shirt and jacket may be too much, it will just stand out a lot.
I know that we should all try to stand out from the crowd and be special bla bla bla, but again I'm not sure if it would be wise to dress much better than everyone else.

What do you guys think about this?

There is a saying that goes you're better being overdressed than under-dressed in other words wear what you want rock that outfit. I wouldn't really describe a shirt and jacket as over dressing perhaps if you wore a shirt and blazer to lecture. I personally love wearing smart-casual attire, desert boots, stretch skinnies, long coats, jumpers/shirts and nice scarfs to my lectures.

Just keep doing what you're doing :u:
Reply 2
Original post by Black Cat
There is a saying that goes you're better being overdressed than under-dressed in other words wear what you want rock that outfit. I wouldn't really describe a shirt and jacket as over dressing perhaps if you wore a shirt and blazer to lecture. I personally love wearing smart-casual attire, desert boots, stretch skinnies, long coats, jumpers/shirts and nice scarfs to my lectures.

Just keep doing what you're doing :u:

I wouldn't call it neither over dressing but relative to how others dress in my course it is :tongue:

Yeah I'll get the jackets, it will all look casual after all.
Reply 3
Pretty standard for me every day

Beanie (bcuz who has time to style hair)
Nice coat
Nice jumper
Black jeans
Black vans
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest